PVP Supports Suggestions to Developers

2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could do a trial run with S.H.I.E.L.D Simulator first. It's stress-free and opened for 28 or 30 days, without much impact to Season score.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:

That being said, at least for the moment they're not going to drastically affect gameplay (again, Infinity Gems being the potential spoiler). There will be the occasional moment of "Where'd that strike tile come from?" or "Aargh! I thought he still only had 6 Red AP!" that will cost someone a fight, and we'll hear about it here much more than we will the moment where that happened in the player's favor, because we're human. But overall I think there's no reason to segregate them from PvP anymore.
    Problem is, the developers think the problem is that supports are too weak, so in essence they are looking for it to drastically affect gameplay.  Or at least that's how I read their post.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

Honestly, they need to be adequately tested in the game before they put them into PVP.  They haven't been, largely for the following reason:

- Supports are too hard to get, particularly higher level supports

- Red Iso flow is so low that, quite literally, no one has a maxxed out support of level 4 or higher.

I've taken advantage of many of the HP buys for supports (but none of the CP buys,) and I have two supports at rank 4, 7 at rank 3, and the most of the rest at 2 or less (I'm missing Spider Sense, RTF, the Chimichanga, and of course all the Infinity Gems.)  I've also amassed a total of 213173 Red Iso.  That's enough to bring one support, one, to level 150.  In several months.

Supports are not fully in the game yet.  If they want to "test" them before they add them to PVP, then they need to either a) give it a year or two or b) actually increase the flow of support tokens and Red Iso. 

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Sim Mayor said:

That being said, at least for the moment they're not going to drastically affect gameplay (again, Infinity Gems being the potential spoiler). There will be the occasional moment of "Where'd that strike tile come from?" or "Aargh! I thought he still only had 6 Red AP!" that will cost someone a fight, and we'll hear about it here much more than we will the moment where that happened in the player's favor, because we're human. But overall I think there's no reason to segregate them from PvP anymore.
    Problem is, the developers think the problem is that supports are too weak, so in essence they are looking for it to drastically affect gameplay.  Or at least that's how I read their post.
    Yyyyep, I saw that right after I was done posting here. That's what I get for reading the forums from bottom to top  :/
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:.
    Yyyyep, I saw that right after I was done posting here. That's what I get for reading the forums from bottom to top  :/
    Yeah, just because they say they read our comments doesn't mean they agree  :/

Not enough riso or ways to get supports =/= let's make supports stronger
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    My biggest fear with supports is that they'll start releasing sup par characters and then try and make us chase supports to level said characters to the point they should have been at upon release. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could do a trial run with S.H.I.E.L.D Simulator first. It's stress-free and opened for 28 or 30 days, without much impact to Season score.
    This is wrong.  People are scoring 5K Plus in SIM to help with their season score.  
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm fine with them being added to PVP, but making them at least somewhat accessible first would've made sense.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    @The rockett

I've been playing in SCL 9 for the past few seasons and the highest score I've seen is low 3k. Those who scored 5k plus are likely to be the minority. If not, we can do a trial during off-season for two PvP. However, the feedbacks might not be enough. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    @The rockett

I've been playing in SCL 9 for the past few seasons and the highest score I've seen is low 3k. Those who scored 5k plus are likely to be the minority. If not, we can do a trial during off-season for two PvP. However, the feedbacks might not be enough. 
    Last season had multiple people past 5k in the first and second Sim SCL 9 brackets at least. Low 3ks were more t50 scores. Did you join a late season bracket, or skip joining sim until late?
    And this has been the case for the last few seasons. The record is over 10k by the way..