New PVP: ending play with a weak team

Tintaiwan
Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
Thinking about the new PVP, if you were only going for wins progress, why not end your round with playing a weak team?

Then you would lose a bunch while you're away from PVP, and may move down the ranks and have weaker folks to fight when you return.  

And if a lot of folks did this, then there would be easy teams to beat popping up more often.

I am curious to see what might happen...

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tintaiwan said:
    Thinking about the new PVP, if you were only going for wins progress, why not end your round with playing a weak team?

Then you would lose a bunch while you're away from PVP, and may move down the ranks and have weaker folks to fight when you return.  

And if a lot of folks did this, then there would be easy teams to beat popping up more often.

I am curious to see what might happen...
    That is called dropcaking. You may have seen the term pass a few times already in the discussions of how to spam 75 wins.
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I thought your defensive team was the strongest team that you had used
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mujo5 said:
    I thought your defensive team was the strongest team that you had used
    Your defensive team is the last team you won with, with a few caveats.
    - If the last team you won with us much weaker than the one you used before, it won't show. For example a 5/5/4 team can't bake a 4/3/3 or 1/1/1 team anymore, but it can do 5/4/3. There's a tolerance level.
    - The person you beat will always have a red node with the exact team you used to beat them. So if you use a glass Cannon team like winfinite to climb, then put out a strong defensive team, it won't help against all those retaliations.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    There no real reason now not to have unlimited CC.

There are now multiple avenues to get to 1200 via wins or points.  so why not give weaker rosters a chance to get to 75 wins via CCs?

• Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Hi,

There is a winner.  @bk201   

But thanks to all.  We expanded the DB to almost 200 Teams.  making it a more useful resource...    

I will contacting the winner to arrange delivery.  In case of no response within a week, I will redraw.  

Thanks

Tim