Planned to hoard LL for 5*s but don't like the current three, now what ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
I'm at a point my 4s are just about finished. I started hoarding LL tokens in March, and I'm about a month away from the 300 LL pull threshold. I had hoped when I got to this point I'd really like the three 5s in LL, but I'm really not crazy about any of them. Not sure what to do now.

I have all the 5s except the latest Captain America and Okoye. My most covered 5s are classics like Thanos, BP, IM, Banner, got about 6 or 7 with 7 or more covers. I'm not sure if it makes sense to use my hoard on classics now, maybe get lucky and finish 3 of them off. Or suck it up and use them on the LL and just accept the 5s currently in the lineup. Other option is wait for some decent special character event or keep hoarding. At this point hoarding for four months obviously I'm dying to pull away, but trying to see what direction you guys suggest. 

Comments

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    wait a month for the next 5.  With the end of swaps, you will likely need more than 300 to fully cover all 3.  You could go classic.  They're cheaper, will build up your 4s more, and there are several really useful 5s there.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    My question to you: what's your iso stash like?

If you don't have ~2-3mm iso saved up then opening those 300 is going to net you a lot of heartache.

My first thought is consider opening LLs until you have 1 cover for Cap and Okoye to make sure you can get the 5* Essentials in coming events. Then return to hoarding until Wasp enters and do the same thing to cover that Essential.

Then back to hoarding until the next new 5* store if it suits you, or until there are 3 5*s that are worth the jump to 5* land.

Also, with the lack of cover swaps, you want to have closer to 350-400 pulls to have a better chance of fully covering without any wasted covers.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    My question is... why don't you like the latest three?? Two are largely considered to easily be t5 overall. Captain isn't great but he's not terrible. You could do much worse, like open when Wasp enters...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    A few things to consider.

1.  The rosters who can fully champ a LL new release in their cycle avgs 50+cpe (Command Point equivalents) EVERY DAY.  If you can't meet this daily avg,  don't bother trying to finish a 5* inside of their LL cycle.

It doesn't matter if you have 10,000 cp saved/purchased.  If your current play does not generate 50+cpe A DAY on a 2 week rolling avg, then you realistically  

CANNOT finish a 5* in the Latest legend cycle.

(honestly you need to sustain 50+cpe a day for the entire duration of the LL window.  the 300 pull number was generated by a stats approach on the amount of CP to fully cover 3 5*.  The 50+CPE running avg was calculated on those 300 pulls/time a new char is in LL. (the math is more nuanced, but 50+cpe a day, and 300 pulls are reasonable approximations of what was calculated and tested)

That said you can always whale your existing hoard to whatever level you desire.

2.  Your at the stage where having 1 5* of each char (and not getting locked out of high level pve) is probably more important than having fully champed version.

Since your hoard is only 300 pulls, your really only talking about baby 5* champs and not building to 470+.  In that case,  don't worry about when and who enters latests. spend your cp on the new char vaults that have classics 5* that you can realistically whale with your 300 pulls.
  • jackstar0
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    My question is... why don't you like the latest three?? Two are largely considered to easily be t5 overall. Captain isn't great but he's not terrible. You could do much worse, like open when Wasp enters...
    They way I read it, is that he won't have all the pulls to make the move until next month, so JJ will be out by then. Otherwise, I'm right there with you that JJ/Okoye is probably worth it. Cap's Red is also a massive nuke against that final opponent and ain't nothing wrong with that.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    jackstar0 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    They way I read it, is that he won't have all the pulls to make the move until next month, so JJ will be out by then. Otherwise, I'm right there with you that JJ/Okoye is probably worth it. Cap's Red is also a massive nuke against that final opponent and ain't nothing wrong with that.

He should get while the gettin's good and then wait for feeders or HfH stores to finish them. Otherwise it's a loooong wait until Wasp leaves. 
  • jackstar0
    Very fair point.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    So...Wasp isn't good then, huh...
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    continue hoarding

For the Hoard!!