Boss Event Side-Node Scaling

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
It seems odd to me that enemies in the mission nodes in boss events scale so weirdly. One alliance event level I'm facing level 40 enemies, but then the very next alliance level suddenly I'm facing level 290 enemies. The jump occurs between event levels 5 and 6, I think.

I'm not complaining about difficulty. It's just so jarring. It feels like the scaling could be spaced out a bit more.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not about the boss level.
    Side nodes go up every 8 hours.
    After 24 hours you feel a slight increase in difficulty, after 48 you're where you would have been with the hardest PVE nodes back in the Roster-based scaling days.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is a slight jump after 24 hours.  My particular jump was from very low to ~360.  That one is a big step to climb.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    The jump is every day at noon (so every 3 subs).  It mimics a normal vs event:

- The first 24hrs (rounds 1 thru 3) is analogous to the 3 easy subs in a normal event (for me, they are level 29-40) 
    - The second 24hrs (rounds 4, 5, & 6) is analogous to the 3 basic required nodes.  Instead of a 2, 3, and 4 star levels, they just average them out.  That's why the jump seems so big.
    - The 3rd 24hrs (rounds 7, 8, and 9) are the same levels the 3 hard nodes would be in a normal story event
    - The final 2 rounds (round 10  and 11 at noon and 8pm sunday EST respectively) are the level that the 5 star nodes would be at.

As a whole, the boss events aren't that different than a regular event, it's just that they spread the nodes out vertically (all the same difficulty at the same time) instead of horizontally (1 of each difficulty at the same time)