XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker

* Ultron event
* 5-star Wasp!  
* Gambit nerf details

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope Summers? The one that saved mutantkind? Are you saying she will unnerf the nerfbat brought by Scarlet D3itch?
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Rulk v. Hulk is not easy at all if you only have covers for his red power. Red-and-purple only made it possible for me to win last time, but it was rough. 5/2/4 and barely above 170 was rough this time around, with boosts. IMO this is one of the harder Crashes if you don't have high Green covers; most of the others seem generally doable at level 150 with any balance of covers, but it could just be that I got unlucky with Rulk and lucky with others.

In many other free-to-play collection games (see: Marvel Strike Force), you make incremental progress on a character by collecting "shards". The saved-cover exchange rate is a pretty good approximation of how Shards work, IMO; you focus your efforts on farming a particular character (Bonus Hero and/or Champ Rewards), and then if you get a cover you don't have enough of yet, that's awesome—it applies immediately, grants you an overall increase in power, and allows you to progress further with that character. If you get an extra one, now it's roughly equivalent to opening an "orb" that says it gives 4 to 100 shards of <really long character list>, and finding 4 shards. This is extremely frustrating in games like SW:GoH or MSF because it's generally the only thing that ever happens, and then in special circumstances some of the players you're competing against will immediately unlock Nihilus/Deadpool/whatever without even entering a raid. The playing-field is far, far more level in MPQ, and is only more so now that redundant covers effectively become "shards".

Or in their words, "I had nothing, you gave me something, now I hate it." Couldn't agree more.

My most-covered 5* character is a 4/4/1 Spider-Man (Back in Black), he's level 270, and I get trampled by 5* Gambit + Thor/Bolt every time I try to climb over 800 points in PVP. I anticipate making extensive use of the new option to earn progression rewards even while this is happening. If I have to fight Thor over and over after the Gambit changes, that's fine; AI-controlled Thor is an idiot while Gambit was so idiot-proof even the AI could play him effectively.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Damnit, Craig. That name isn't funny. I don't care that it's a reference to a song. Don't be %*#& racist and don't sexualize teenagers.

I've canceled my Patreon support.