New Character Power?

Waddles_Pines
Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
I have no character in mind, but I think it'd be cool if a new character would have a "skip turn" power.  How many times in a match do you find yourself not wanting to take a turn for fear of setting up the enemy?  Make this a cheap power (3ap maybe?) and I think this could work.  

Or the complete opposite: have a make 2 matches power.  Sure, Grocket and Bad Hulk do this, but it'd be nice to have a power that you have full control over.  

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    You mean skip making a match-3 like Squirrel Girls' Yellow and Sentry's Red abilities?

Match 2 powers would be like making a critical and then making another match after that? 

Why not shake up the board or destroy tiles instead?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Board shake and destroy we have already.  Just trying to think outside the box.  Yeah, like Squirrel/Sentry, but at a much lower AP so you can actually use it quickly.  

Match 2, just like Bad Hulk/Grocket, make two matches that you control vs, 1 AI match then your match.  
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Why not combine the 2? Skip this turn so you can make 2 turns in a row.

Skipping the turn before making 2 means you don't get to wait until there's a cascade available and then take your 2 to do it, which should keep it from being too unbalanced.
  • Waddles_Pines
    <inserts thumbs up emoji> ^
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking a while ago that it could be cool to have a power that let you make two moves, but it didn't actually resolve until you made both of them. Possibly even let you move the same tile as part of both of them.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Old Man Logan's black will just make some strikes and end the turn, unless you're sitting on 14 yellow or something like that
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    What about a character who can combine Plot Armor and Taking Flight, and just bring the whole team airborne for N turns? Would be ideal if it did something useful besides take you off the board, but it wouldn't need to be an entirely new mechanic that way. Also: For the low, low cost of 18 purple, Bagman can swap 2 pairs of tiles you select, which is essentially the "give up this turn for 2 turns later" power y'all are describing. You could get that cost down to 13 purple with a Shuri/4* Lord team