What will you do with CP?

Magic
Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
Extra, extra, read all about it! Gambit Nerfed! Who will be new king? Cover swaps are thing of past!! Just in - new exchange rate 3:1 (but no need for a dreaded email to get 1:1). The new 5* won't be top (or will you Wasp?)!!

So many changes recently. The good question to ask is what will the players do with the CP and Latest Tokens. Hoarding remains an option. Or maybe it's better to spend it all on the Classic tokens. 

Please try to give reasons why. 

As for me - I am debating between full on hoarding again (just opened mine recently) or pulling classics while hoarding LT. But I fear with the Power Creep the classics make no sense (non of them other than Thor or Thanos can be called top tier anymore). But this would speed up the completion of the 4* tier.

What will you do with CP? 74 votes

Hoarding remains the best way into 5* land
39%
AdamMagusPorkBellyKolencekillercoolwymtimeDartmaster01TiggidaSquareHendrossTrerasPongieDaichesrdvargas1BasepuzzlerjreddTalestummyTony_FootKrossCdubb1975tph_james 29 votes
I will keep opening latest tokens as I get them - it would still allow to cover the lastest 5*
20%
IridiousejmusswordfishdataBlindman13PolarPopBearsmkspyJaedenkaalDyingLegendStraycatHistamieltobismaulLifeofAgonyShintok17Scofiex_imperialism 15 votes
Save CP but use it in the store to buy specific cover (250 or 500 cp) regularly
0%
Pull Latest, spend CP on classics
27%
abmorazTrilateralusudonomefoobeyonderbubtiomonoOrionWEBGAS[Deleted User]RedLionFelessairon-n-wineDotproductScreen MonkeyMrKasadyPtahhotepPalookavillecaptainheathRayElwoodThaRoadWarriorkk3thess 20 votes
Hoard Latest, spend CP on classics
9%
xKOBALTxaxmossLLohmevade420TheHungryPetJwallyrskittledaddy 7 votes
Hoard Latest, spend CP on classics but keep 720 CP in reserve for the store and direct cover buy
1%
broll 1 vote
Pull Latest, spend CP on classics but keep 720 CP in reserve for the store and direct cover buy
2%
MoosePrimeAlfje17 2 votes

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoard and only pull latest. Skip ones that don’t interest me and get them with a bonus hero to one cover and leave them there.

Wait for the next meta train and jump onboard. 

Id much rather pull from classics and gently raise everyone up but until they start doing something like buff banner to top tier or rework Phoenix damage to top tier I just don’t care about them. I’d be fully behind them doing that each season to the lowest 5 even though it would hurt me. Shake up the 5* tier and have people pulling for classics.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hoard for 6 weeks and then pull latest with CP and LT usually 120+ pulls in total.  This lets me champ the 5* (will be interesting with no cover swaps going forward.  Having a high level 5* that is essential makes PVE much easier. Hopefully they will buff some older 5* but they are only BH for me now.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Pull Latest, spend CP on classics but keep 720 CP in reserve for the store and direct cover buy
    I try to keep a reserve, that I will dip into to get a single cover from the new release stores.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just going to keep doing what I do: throw everything at latest till i hit 1 cover of the newest 5, then spend cp on classics and open LTs as I get them. Don't nobody got time for hoarding y'all. 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I don't care about any of the 5*s in Latest, then I'll pull Classics.  I want to finish some of the old guys I've had at 8-10 covers forever.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Hoard Latest, spend CP on classics but keep 720 CP in reserve for the store and direct cover buy
    My answer wasn't 100% there but close enough.  I'm hoarding Latest, Pulling classics, and saving only 500 CP.  I see no point in saving 720 CP because I'd rather cut my fingers off than waste that much on one cover in any situation, especially with the H4H deals and saved covers.

Also hoarding latest will not be long-term hoard.  I will be cracking it each time a new character comes in (unless I'm fortinate enough to get from the release store.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I will keep opening latest tokens as I get them - it would still allow to cover the lastest 5*
    I am still opening only Latests. I had pretty good luck from Daredevil to AA, where all 4 are covered or champed. Not the same luck after that, but I'd still much rather they go to Classics with 8 covers instead of just 1 for the essential.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I mostly hoard CP, and pull LL tokens as soon as I get them.  This allowed me to fully cover GR before he left latest, but the current set of 3 are not progressing as quick as he did.
    I haven't champed any 5*s yet (GR, Gambit & Dr. Strange at 13 covers), I'm saving ISO and occasionally pulling a few classics hoping to get a better set of 3 or 4 fully covered by the time I have enough ISO to champ them all at once.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about none of the above? I've always done pretty much whatever I want. Hoard some, spend some, pull whatever, throw random cp at special stores.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    How about none of the above? I've always done pretty much whatever I want. Hoard some, spend some, pull whatever, throw random cp at special stores.
    Same here. I pull latest and spend CP on Latest. 
  • Magic
    Pull latest and spend CP on latest is actually: " I will keep opening latest tokens as I get them - it would still allow to cover the lastest 5*" In principle if you want to cover the 5* on the go you need to invest both the tokens and 25CP a pop for the tokens so your answer is there. 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    My general plans are to wait and see what happens in the next 6 months.  Over that time I'll gather enough pulls to cover a new character if a really good one comes out, or complete a classic 5* or two I have mostly covered via a limited release vault.  It will also give me time to get more 5* covers through feeders (including those that haven't been announced yet), so that I'll have more complete information when I do spend my resources.
  • Magic
    Ok. 53 votes in.

Majority of players still believe that hoarding is the best way into 5* land. 39% wants to hoard everything, another 11% will only hoard LT but spent CP - for a total of 50% of voters being in favor of hoarding at least the LT's.

At the same time 43% of voters wants to pull for the 5* cover as soon as they have the chance. In that group most is willing to spend the CP on classics (28% of total voters) compared to spending all on Latest (15% of total voters). 

Thank you for participation everybody. 
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Other: Pull classic tokens as i get them and never ever enter the 5* game. Granted this was my plan before Gambit nerf, and before Gambit's existence for that matter.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Other pull only latest and pray I'm able to build them before they become classics.

Currently running that experiment to see if it'll work since swaps have ended. So far failing with JJ at 3/3/3 and only two weeks left before she becomes a classic.

If I'm not able to finish beard cap or O before they leave, I'll be forced into the hoard strategy.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Hoarding until Adam Warlock/Magus is added to the game