4* DDQ: Battle of the Hulks: Red vs Green!

Champed 275 Red Hulk had little trouble beating his green brother into submission. Just went after green and purple, saving up to 18 green to times for a massive overkill. Didn't bother with not making him angry. Only one green and no damage makes Green Hulk very underwhelming.
Token got me a Prof. X champ level... I think...

Comments

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    274 3/5/5 Red Hulk.  I  chased purple and green and it was relatively straightforward.  Use Gamma Siphon to get green AP, unload Hammer & Anvil.  Rinse & repeat.  And Red Hulk was never in any danger the whole match.

LL gives me a Medusa cover to get to 290, which gave me a green BB (2/2/4 now).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, that was easy.
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    5/2/4, level 175 here (would've been 5/0/4 if not for two very recent green covers in progression rewards).

I remember beating this one somehow the last time it rolled around, and my Rulk was 5/0/1.

This time was easier, but I still wiped on my first attempt. On my second attempt, I stacked up +100% Any Hulk Damage, +100% Match Damage, +50% Red/Yellow Match Damage, and a 4*L26 Proxima Midnight. Had a much easier time, but still finished with only about 3 enemy matches' worth of hp.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Rhulk smash! (somebody had to say it).

3/5/5 lvl 277 Rhulk just ate green and purple all day (thankfully there was a red shortage going on) until he was ready to smash / steal / smash again and finish the fight.
  • macgawel
    macgawel Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Rhulk 3/3/3 lvl 188.
    Deny Red, get purple, get green.
    My last move was purple * 2 (+6 green) and the green.
    Finished first try, but with only 110 HP left  :p

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    209 3/5/5 Red Hulk had no problem putting Big Green down for the count. I just kept hoarding purple, and cast it when the enemy had 10 green or more - worked out well for two limeade-ice-cube-crushes, which took him down.

My reward was a champ level for Mockingbird, one of my favorite characters, hooray! She's now a beastly 272.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 188, 5/5/3, not exactly an easy fight (one more power from Big Green and I would have been done), but still, first try. One full-strength crush, one half-strength, and a bunch of match damage. Token waiting for Wasp.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Won this Crash on my 2nd attempt with my 2/3/3 lvl. 168 Rulk. My long time  strategy was denying red and then going for purple and green. In the 1st match however some insane cascades gave Green Hulk enough green AP to kill me. Second time was an easy victory. Only unleashed my green power when there were two or more posdible black matches on the board...and I was lucky enough that the enemy's Anger-tile was placed there. Token to the hoard!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 209 2/5/4 Rulk sleepwalked his way through this one. His high health and ability to steal real Hulk's green pretty much tips things in his favour.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Worth mentioning that Hulk's Anger in this matchup isn't really worth worrying about; it only makes 1 Green tile.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Worth mentioning that Hulk's Anger in this matchup isn't really worth worrying about; it only makes 1 Green tile.
    Yeah, I noticed that. It seemed less "anger" and more "mild annoyance" or something. Kinda unimpressive for a fight like this.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    3/5/3 lvl 209 Ross was a cake walk. Kept purple in stock to steal his green and protect red and I walk away with a win and 80% of my health left.

LT gave me a stupid Kraven cover that I can't save because I'm at max but I'm nowhere near ready to champ  :/
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Lv209 3/5/2 RHulk had as little trouble as everyone else's.  It took two 18+AP firings of his green to win, but I was even able to match away his resulting black anger countdown on the first one...just to add insult to injury, really, since a better match wasn't on the board.

I'm hanging onto the LT until Wasp enters the tokens.