Remove facebook link from device

captainheath
captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
I recently bought a new phone and plan on using it to play mpq from now on.  I previously played on an ipad mini that was linked to my fb account for backups.  

I'd like to unlink mpq from fb on the ipad so he can start his own puzzle quest.  Every time I uninstall, it still brings me back to my game.  I've deleted fb from the ipad and what not, but it still goes to my game.

Suggestions?

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Create a new dummy facebook account specifically for MPQ (that's what I did).  My MPQ facebook account is my only facebook account (it was created just so I could transfer my game from my old phone to a new one).  I have never logged into it since creating it.

EDIT:
    I re-read your post and I think you might have left out something.  "I'd like to unlink mpq from fb on the ipad so he can start his own puzzle quest." Who is "he"?  Do you mean you want to give the old iPad to someone else and let them start a new game of MPQ?  If so, you need to uninstall the game and clear the cache.  I have no idea how to do that on an iPad.  On an Android, you would go into the app manager, force stop the app, clear the cache, then uninstall it.  I assume Apple has some sort of analogous process to that.

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uninstalling, clearing your device cache, and reinstalling the application should allow you to start a new account. There are some instances with iOS devices though where they will retain your account data even after uninstalling and reinstalling. If you are still seeing your account data after clearing the cache and reinstalling you may need to do a factory reset on the device to fully remove the application's data.