5 saved covers for 1 swap

rocks52
rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
Man, they don't even ask if you want to make that swap huh?  I had saved my 5th cover for Moonstone, then noticed I could up her power that only had 1 cover.  I didn't notice that wasn't an option BEFORE I saved that 5th cover, probably because I had gone from my queue instead of my rostered spot.  So when I went to apply a cover, they just went ahead and converted the 5 saved covers.  Seems like there could be something done about this huh?

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I had a similar experience, thankfully also with a 2*: Capt. Marvel.  I saved the 5th cover, and saw that the power with only 2 covers (red) was lit up like I could add a cover. I had just opened a bunch of tokens, so I thought I had a red one in my queue.
    I hit the button and then leveled and champed her expecting to get an immediate level 99, but she stayed at level 94.

It would have been nice to get a confirmation pop-up prior  to converting the covers. Had I known i was going to do a 5:1 swap, I would have waited to see if I pulled another.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Oh wow, that's a terrible implementation. What happens if you have 5 saved covers *and* the cover you need? I hope the system is smart enough to use the real cover...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only saved a single cover so I have no first hand experience.  But that sounds like a poor implementation.
    It should be that you have to click the 5/5 on the bottom like it was a button to initiate the swap IMO.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:
    Oh wow, that's a terrible implementation. What happens if you have 5 saved covers *and* the cover you need? I hope the system is smart enough to use the real cover...
    Based on anecdotes reported here, it would seem that it is not (currently).
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:
    In another thread it was mentioned that at the moment it's up to you to select the right one to use. If you let the game automatically do it for you (in the character screen) it will do the 5-1 swap. If you want to manually apply the one cover you have to go to the cover in your cover queue and apply that one specifically.

Hopefully they get this fixed soon.

KGB
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    They seriously do need to fix this soon.  It's a pain to have to say, wait, I have 5 saved covers here, but do I have an available cover in this color to use?  Now lemme go check
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    KGB said:
    Sim Mayor said:
    In another thread it was mentioned that at the moment it's up to you to select the right one to use. If you let the game automatically do it for you (in the character screen) it will do the 5-1 swap. If you want to manually apply the one cover you have to go to the cover in your cover queue and apply that one specifically.

Hopefully they get this fixed soon.

KGB
    Well, hopefully that's true, however, that also means that if you have more than one character to whom that cover can be applied, you have to again hope that the game applies it to the one you want. Your 5/5/1 OML, for example, or your 0/2/0 dupe.