Alternative Options to Speed up Game Play

While I like the idea of removing the Character Effects to help play the game faster, I find that it takes away too much from the enjoyment factor of the game, which is the big draw after all.  So I've been thinking of other options to help speed the game up in other areas and here is what I have come up with, and a lot of it has to do with the players having to touch the screen for everything that happens.

When you win a match there is too much interaction. When your points count up there is no need to hit NEXT, just move to the next screen which takes you to your rewards.  And for the rewards, why do I have to hit the screen again to just show the reward and then again to claim it?  That can all go away and go straight to the rewards.
  1. Progression, ISO, Boost and Bonus Rewards - Have an setting where we can choose to 'Auto Claim' all rewards since we can't deny them anyway.  A small pause showing what we won is enough in my book.
  2. Team Up Rewards - Have a setting where we can choose to 'Auto Claim' all boosts above a certain level.  For someone playing in the 5* tier, they may not want a Level 35 Wolverine Team Up, so they could choose to only accept all Team Up rewards at Level 270 and above.
  3. Auto Heal - Have a setting where we can choose to have all players 'Auto Heal' at a certain level, and we get to select the level because some players get certain powers at a specific damage level like Thor.

Another area I think the game can be sped up is in the Roster Rewards.  There is a Sell All button at the bottom, why not make an Add All button that would auto add the covers that are capable to be added?  Another upgrade that can remove a step would be to add a Trash Can icon next to the 1-Star covers so we don't have to claim them if we know we are never going to roster them.

That's all for now, thanks for reading.

Comments

• Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Oh, one more thing, cascades after the last enemy has been downed, I think we can do away with those too, or at least have an option to do away with those.  I almost missed a top 50 placement because of a good 15 seconds worth of cascades on my last match.

Now that's all.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I like the idea of removing the Character Effects to help play the game faster, I find that it takes away too much from the enjoyment factor of the game, which is the big draw after all.  So I've been thinking of other options to help speed the game up in other areas and here is what I have come up with, and a lot of it has to do with the players having to touch the screen for everything that happens.

When you win a match there is too much interaction. When your points count up there is no need to hit NEXT, just move to the next screen which takes you to your rewards.  And for the rewards, why do I have to hit the screen again to just show the reward and then again to claim it?  That can all go away and go straight to the rewards.
    1. Progression, ISO, Boost and Bonus Rewards - Have an setting where we can choose to 'Auto Claim' all rewards since we can't deny them anyway.  A small pause showing what we won is enough in my book.
    2. Team Up Rewards - Have a setting where we can choose to 'Auto Claim' all boosts above a certain level.  For someone playing in the 5* tier, they may not want a Level 35 Wolverine Team Up, so they could choose to only accept all Team Up rewards at Level 270 and above.
    3. Auto Heal - Have a setting where we can choose to have all players 'Auto Heal' at a certain level, and we get to select the level because some players get certain powers at a specific damage level like Thor.

Another area I think the game can be sped up is in the Roster Rewards.  There is a Sell All button at the bottom, why not make an Add All button that would auto add the covers that are capable to be added?  Another upgrade that can remove a step would be to add a Trash Can icon next to the 1-Star covers so we don't have to claim them if we know we are never going to roster them.

That's all for now, thanks for reading.
    I like point 1, although I think a setting wouldnt be necessary. To me, it seems like all rewards could be integrated into one new screen.

Point 2 seems fidgety; also, some team up powers are good because of their utility (stun, board control, etc) instead of their damage. It's, for example, one of the reasons I often keep 2* green bullseye team-ups (provided it's at 5 covers).

Point 3 doesn't seem really necessary, as you can already heal a character from the character selection screen with one button push.