Didn't they fix crazy cascades?

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
As usual, simulator offers nothing but crazy cascading boards, allowing lousy opponents to continuously fire their powers. Blah.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    They're still going to happen. I believe they lowered the likelihood of the same color falling at the same time, such as a row of 6 blue making an immediate 5-match. Regardless, you're always going to remember the times cascades happen but not when they don't.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe, if I remember the wording right, is that the third drop is supposed to create no matches. If either of the first two contain some crazy match-4s or match-5s that wipe out big chunks of the board, well, those don't get affected. Which ought to limit the AI to, maybe, 30'ish AP per turn, instead of the odd time they'd get showered with 40, 50, 60, even more. I think my all-time worst was 60-something.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is why they never should have changed anything. Complaints will happen no matter what. Maybe even more now because expectations have been created of a weighted in the favor of the player tile drop system.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Except if they get a match-5, in which case they'll get to make another swap and get another (potential) small cascade.

And except if there's two crit tiles with a gap in between, in which case there's no tile they can drop that won't lead to a match.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I remember the wording. Just had to vent since Simulator always gets on my nerves.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simulator can get on a lot of people's nerves. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm shocked it took this long for people to not believe the cascade fix happened worked.  Such a useless change because it's not going to change peoples incorrect perceptions...
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I did have the ai get 6 blue fall in a straight line giving them another turn. Take that as you will
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did have the ai get 6 blue fall in a straight line giving them another turn. Take that as you will
    I take it as random, just like I did before the developers implemented this change. 

I’m pretty sure I never once thought the AI was “cheating” with how the tiles fell. I just assumed sometimes I get the monster cascades and sometimes I get hit by them. Nature of the beast. 
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I swear I'm seeing more AI cascades now then before they "fixed" it. I'm also sure its nothing more than confirmation bias, but since they made a big to-do about it, I'm paying more attention now, and when match 5s magically fall from the sky for the AI 3-4 times per match, I can't help but raise an eyebrow and think "less AI cascades my tinykitty"
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    The change was only implemented in Story mode and the Prologue, not Versus, @BlackBoltRocks