Has anyone champed a hero with saved covers yet? (Bugged?)

Options
Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
I just champed my 2* Wolverine who I was sure I had saved covers for, since I had a bunch of yellows with less than a week to go, just waiting for that last red. So I am pretty sure I saved them when the new feature happened.

I just champed him and had some champ levels to give...two, in fact. Probably because I had two more outside of the 5 I had saved. And erm...he's level 96. Not 101, like I'd assumed. So err...either my memory's poor or this feature doesn't work.

Comments

• Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've just tested it

Had two covers saved like you said, then I champed her:
    If what I'm seeing is right on the video, the two saved covers did upgrade her automatically. Giving the two bonusses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44IN-7MTXQc
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    I really hope that isn't what happened.

I didn't check before champing because I just assumed it was all fine and dandy. And I'm pretty sure getting 5 covers saved doesn't automatically swap them for something, because if they do then that's lame.

I certainly don't *recall* swapping them for the last red I needed...
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    According to my Ms Marvel, lvl 96 is the correct level ur wolverine should be if u have two covers saved.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did it yesterday with one saved cover no issues.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Did you add the last red from your vine or via his character screen? If it was via the character screen, then it’s possible you swapped them unintentionally. I did the same thing on accident and was confused when the number of saved covers dropped from 5 to 0.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I have done it with three 2* characters, each with different numbers of covers saved. In each case it added the correct number of levels. However, none of these characters had five saved covers, so it is not the same as the situation that Dragon described.

-Croak
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    justsing said:
    Did you add the last red from your vine or via his character screen? If it was via the character screen, then it’s possible you swapped them unintentionally. I did the same thing on accident and was confused when the number of saved covers dropped from 5 to 0.
    I...think that might be how I did it, yeah.
    I remember being surprised like "Oh! I have a red in reserve I didn't know about!" and clicked the button.

That must have been it. That's kinda obtuse and not very well explained, I must say...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This experience is fresh from the oven. My 2* is 5/2/5 with 5 saved covers. Once I got the middle colour, the bottom button showed "5 saved covers" instead of the usual "5/5 saved covers".

Once I leveled up her and promoted her, the game automatically leveled her with the 5 saved covers and the animation shows the leveling up process level by level. Now, it's level 99.
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I just saved a fifth cover for 2* bullseye.  then upgraded to a 3rd purple with another cover I had for him and my 5 saved covers vanished.  I then champed him to see if it they were going to be added that way.  Nope, still at level 94.  pretty weird. I got on here immediately.  Also, when i click on the saved cover space at the bottom of a character my app crashes. has happened twice.  
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can vouch for it with a 3* Iron Fist.  Two saved covers.  Got the 13th one I needed, and the two saved were automatically added to his level once I Champed him.  The LT got me a 4-star Elektra, which could have been better...but the saved covers worked just fine.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hmm...sounds like the game just doesn't know if you want to convert the 5 saved covers or use the one in Pending Rewards, since they appear to share the same UI.

My guess is that players will need to click Train on the 13th cover in Pending Rewards, in order to avoid converting the 5 saved covers.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hmm...sounds like the game just doesn't know if you want to convert the 5 saved covers or use the one in Pending Rewards, since they appear to share the same UI.

My guess is that players will need to click Train on the 13th cover in Pending Rewards, in order to avoid converting the 5 saved covers.
    I guess that could be a problem if you have 2 of the same character, both with 5/5 (or 3/3) saved covers, and another cover pending that they could both use. Or a championed character and a duplicate. Normally when you have a pending cover to apply, and you have to choose which character to apply it to, you would go to the character training page for the specific character and do it there.

Presumably what SHOULD happen is the game should use your pending rewards covers first, and then your saved covers second (and a confirmation on spending saved covers wouldn't hurt either).
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    rdvargas1 said:
    I just saved a fifth cover for 2* bullseye.  then upgraded to a 3rd purple with another cover I had for him and my 5 saved covers vanished.  I then champed him to see if it they were going to be added that way.  Nope, still at level 94.  pretty weird.
    It’s not weird. When we get that 13th cover, we are supposed to use the Train button from the pending covers list. If we use the increase power button from the character page, we would use the saved covers instead.
    That's a really dangerous design, I already feel bad for the person that accidentally does this with a 5* character.  I know that i often boost colors from the character screen so I'm glad i know to be careful of this now.
  • rdvargas1
    Options
    I was just going down my pending covers list in order.  the 5th saved cover happened to be before the 3rd purple.  I’ll try to recreate it with Hawkeye as he is in the same position waiting on a 3rd blue. 
  • rdvargas1
    Options
    No, when I hit train for the purple that’s when the saved covers vanished. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Okay, so I did a test with two 2*s who were 2/5/5 with 5 saved covers and a 13th cover on the vine. What I found was if you have the 13th cover in your vine, you can apply it from the vine or the character screen (which is necessary if you have dupes). It'll prioritize the 13th cover over the swap. You just have to make sure you definitely have it in your vine instead of thinking you have it because the cover is available on the specific character screen.