Magic the Gathering Puzzle Quest would like to access your Friends list

Dusty
Dusty Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
Oh it would, would it?

Comments

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Went and checked my permissions on facebook after I saw this, interestingly MTGPQ was set to access my friends list. Not any longer, of course.

Why does MTGPQ need to access friends on facebook?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interestingly enough, when I unchecked the "access friends list" and "access email" buttons, the app wouldn't load.

I'm a bit concerned as to why this is now a thing
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    very not cool.  they shouldn't need that info
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I think it's more of a generic thing.

I didn't even know.  I went and looked on Facebook at the permissions of the association.  It was on every one of my game apps and on by default.

Interestingly, I deselected it and saved.  Now it doesn't even show up on the list of options anymore, it's just gone.

I think that supports the "just a default thing" theory.
  • DumasAG
    Mburn7 said:
    Interestingly enough, when I unchecked the "access friends list" and "access email" buttons, the app wouldn't load.

I'm a bit concerned as to why this is now a thing
    Maybe re-load the app? After unchecking the access on my Facebook, the app was still loading fine.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I've had then unchecked from the first time I linked this game to my Facebook and never had any problems. Well, from that anyway.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Have any of you sent your Facebook friends your referral code using the in-game feature? If so, that's probably why the game has access to your friends list.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Yup! If you click on Invite Friends in the bottom-right corner of the referral code screen, it'll send you to a screen that contains various ways of sending it to your friends; one is via Facebook.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Have any of you sent your Facebook friends your referral code using the in-game feature? If so, that's probably why the game has access to your friends list.
    well...that would explain how mtgpq had access to my friend list.

*facepalm*
  • DumasAG
    Brigby said:
    nope, haven't done that.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    DumasAG said:
    Brigby said:
    nope, haven't done that.
    At least the integration of the option is an understandable reason for the app to ask this information. An opt in instead of an opt out would be the preferable way, anyway
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    When logging into Facebook (even re-logging in after a reinstall), you have to open a triangle drop-down section and disable friends list access, or this game will have access to your friends list (along with one other thing I don't remember) @Brigby.