What about a tribal set?

Options
andrewvanmarle
andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
I was thinking that right now in standard we have quite a few cool options for building tribal decks and some real nice supports that "support" this concept.

What about making a new set that stays in standard and consists of good (but not overpowered)  tribes?
Cards like Ulrich and olivia wouldnt make the cut but Geier reach bandit or angel of deliverance would. (i'd'put Lyra in there instead of Gisela)

We have vampires, Angels, Werewolves, allies, Dinosaurs, merfolk, sphinxes, wizards, zombies etc

And unclaimed territory and vanquishers banner should be in there too.

It would be a good way to keep planeswalkers like arlinn viable, and create a much richer tapestry for standard.

Bow how it would work sales wise, i don't'know, I'd'prefer to have the cards from sets automatically migrate to this set when they are added, but then again maybe you have to buy them again.

thoughts?

Comments

• gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cards are derived from the paper version of the game. I don't think d3/oktagon has much freedom to steer from that.
    Frankly speaking, I also prefer they maintain a strong link to the paper version of the game.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Interesting, but can't say I care much for the idea of having to buy those cards again for the set. And not sure if we really need such a set. As for making Arlinn viable, her third should only require humans or werewolves on the board in order to flip. It should give those humans the werewolf sub-type in addition to the buff.
  • HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I think it would be cool to do some sort of 'masters' set. Just some of the less offensive legacy cards so that arlinn can have more than one ability, or dovin . Code the cards so that they have the new set symbol to spare us chasing dupes, because that would be the ultimate irony . I just don't think it will happen. On the upside ,both of them have more than adequate replacements .