Wiccan, did he bring a new feature

Options
2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So did we get to the bottom of why the loaner has 14 covers on him? IS that actually standard, and it's just never come up?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Someone need to make a topic in the bug report section.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So I gave Wiccan another try, but this time went in with +AP to All, and two other +2 AP boosts, so I started the match with 4 AP in 4 colors, and 2 AP in the remaining two, which made it easier to get 6 AP across the board.

Wiccan flipped to Demiurge...Demiurge??? The studio behind Marvel Puzzle Quest??? Nah. Just a coincidence, right? So he flipped to Demiurge and the third match went a lot smoother. Also when he does flip it is permanent (for that match) even if you fire a power and no longer have 6 AP across the board.

Pathetic that I had to use boosts to see how good he could be. And that's with him spec'd 5/4/5 :expressionless:

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't have the issue with Wiccan dying, but he was still pretty unimpressive for the same reason as every character who has a power dependent upon them being the one making the match: a freshly-champed character is unlikely to have their symbol on more than one or two colors if your roster is even kinda developed. I think he was only making matches on blue for me.

So basically he transformed, used his PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER to clear exactly one row, and then proceeded to be exactly the same as he was pre-transformation with the added "bonus" of tanking everything that Rogue wasn't jumping in front for. (sarcastic finger twirl)
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So did we get to the bottom of why the loaner has 14 covers on him? IS that actually standard, and it's just never come up?
    Yea this thread went sideways. It was just to say, Hey look we have a character at 14/13.  Wonder if this will become a thing.  
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    I didn't have the issue with Wiccan dying, but he was still pretty unimpressive for the same reason as every character who has a power dependent upon them being the one making the match: a freshly-champed character is unlikely to have their symbol on more than one or two colors if your roster is even kinda developed. I think he was only making matches on blue for me.

So basically he transformed, used his PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER to clear exactly one row, and then proceeded to be exactly the same as he was pre-transformation with the added "bonus" of tanking everything that Rogue wasn't jumping in front for. (sarcastic finger twirl)
    Well, that first node of SHIELD Training lets you use three level 270 loaners, and you can repeat it indefinitely. You don't have to use your own high level versions of the characters.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yea this thread went sideways. It was just to say, Hey look we have a character at 14/13.  Wonder if this will become a thing.  
    Remember old skool PVE.
    All enemies were 5/5/5.
  • The rockett
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Remember old skool PVE.
    All enemies were 5/5/5.
    Yes I do.  Those were the times.  
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In Planetfall node' I have a plan', loaner Wiccan has 5, 4 and 5 covers making a total of 14. Is this by design or an error?
  • The rockett
    Options
    Was asked in a different thread.  No answer. 
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Everyone talks about Wiccan blue and green power. But I found his yellow power could be very annoying. If you can fire his yellow twice (with some ap reduction), it could be the most powerful defend mechanism. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Jarvind said:

Well, that first node of SHIELD Training lets you use three level 270 loaners, and you can repeat it indefinitely. You don't have to use your own high level versions of the characters.
    I grasp that, but that solution only works for that one node in this one event. In normal events I have to use my actual roster.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got his chain lightning to fire twice in 2 matches. both times they stopped after the 2nd strike hit the same column just cleared. :(
    Ditto.  Literally special tiles in every column so naturally the second random column clear targeted the one I had selected.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Merged similar threads

The simple response as to why Wiccan is 5/4/5 is, as @IceIX answered eloquently, "Oops!"

It was a mere oversight in arranging his powers for the S.H.I.E.L.D. Training event. Sorry for the confusion!