Steam buying HP

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Why do I have to close Mpq and restart steam every time I want to buy HP? I missed the bonus on 5600 HP this time because of that. The offer was not there anymore after restart. Annoying and unfair.

Edit: I've made a complaint to Steam as it probably is their fault and not MPQ. I still think though that if something goes wrong with a purchase, the offer should stand until the purchase has gone through properly.

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you were unable to purchase the one-time sale items due to this issue, I would recommend contacting Customer Support and they can assist you with this problem. Would you mind describing what had happened that led to you being unable to see the offer any longer?
  • qandols
    For the past maybe six months I have noticed that when you have had mpq running continuously for a couple of days, the steam client comes up with a faulty Add funds dialog. Usually you will be able to add the exact amount needed for the offer, eg. 19.99 euro. But that choice does not exist and the usual 5 euro and so on I think is not working. I therefore have to restart everything and try again, but then the offer on HP is gone, mpq believes I made a successful purchase. I tried contacting Steam-support, but they did not understand me at all and answered that in order to buy HP I will have to add funds and I had not done that. I have played this game for over two years and know how in-game purchase works, thankyouverymuch. I have not bothered to report this to CS since it's trivial, but I feel it is a bug within the Steam system. Thanks for your interest!
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the additional information. I will pass this along to the team for review. If you missed out on the offer because of this, Customer Support can assist in ensuring that you are properly credited if you would still like to take advantage of the sale. 
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    It hasn't been happening for 6 months, but I can confirm that this has been happening for me, at least for the last few days.  When I go to make a purchase, like @qandols, I do not get the "exact amount" dialogue.  I have to cancel the purchase, then go to make it again, and the proper dialogue comes up.

It hasn't happened because I've had MPQ running for a couple of days, though - I don't really leave it running.  For me, it doesn't appear to correlate to any other activity.

I haven't had it impact any special sales or deals, though, so that's something, anyway.
  • qandols
    It happened again this morning. I wanted to get the Wiccan cover in his vault, so I tried for a Stark Salary. But the same thing happened, had to close everything and try again. I noticed also the steam dialog said 'Login to see your balance' or some such. Nonsense, I am logged in, I could not play mpq otherwise. A real BUG. (Got the wiccan b.t.w)