Terms for getting 5* dupe cover replaced?

Yepyep
Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
edited June 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
So I looked but I couldn't find this info (I have definitely read about it before, but where...?). Could someone please answer or point me to the right thread?

I have a 3/5/0 Jessica Jones. I received another black cover from a pull, not as a bonus hero. Can I get it swapped for a JJ blue (ideally) or something else? How do I go about doing this and what can I ask for?

Thanks much for all advice...

Comments

• Nonpoint1987
    Nonpoint1987 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Generally they will only do a cover swap if you have a latest at 12 covers and a dupe on the vine, they might then possibly swap that cover for the last one you need to make them 13, never heard of instances happening with anyone under 12 covers 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Generally they will only do a cover swap if you have a latest at 12 covers and a dupe on the vine, they might then possibly swap that cover for the last one you need to make them 13, never heard of instances happening with anyone under 12 covers 

Number of covers is irrelevant.
    If you have 6 in one colour you can get it swapped, unless the character can be champed, in which case you will not get a swap.

I've had swaps for 1/6/0 characters.

To OP: Yes, ask for the cover to be swapped for a blue JJ, via the in game help feature.

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is correct up until "have a latest." After that is incorrect information. It has to be a Latest 5* - if you pull a 6th black for Gambit, say, you're outta luck now that he's Classic - but presuming it's a Latest 5* and said 5* is not already at 13 total covers, they'll allow you to swap it for a usable cover from that same character.

If you're 5/0/0 and pull a 6th? You can go 5/1/0 or 5/0/1.

If you're 5/5/2 and pull a 6th of one of the first two? 5/5/3 is in your future.

5/3/5 and you pull a 6th? Your recourse is to champion the character and apply the cover as a champion level.
  • Yepyep
    edited June 2018
    Thank you very much! Especially @Bowgentle for further guidance on how to do it.

EDITED to ask: they won't swap out a bonus hero dupe, though, right? I just have to eat that somehow?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    Thank you very much! Especially @Bowgentle for further guidance on how to do it.

EDITED to ask: they won't swap out a bonus hero dupe, though, right? I just have to eat that somehow?
    Depends on who your bonus hero is. If it's one of the Classic 5*, no, they won't. You'll have to eat that.

Latest 5* should generally be eligible but there might be caveats (for example, might they reject a bonus Latest 5* cover swap that proc'ed off a Classic token open? I don't know).
  • Yepyep
    Thank @DFiPL. It's a Gambit, so they probably won't. But I'll ask... Who knows?
  • Nonpoint1987
    Sorry about the mis-information I didn't know you could basically get a swap for any dupe covers for latest 5*, and the amount of covers I've wasted thinking they had to be at 12 covers and you pull a dupe 
  • Yepyep
    Sorry about the mis-information I didn't know you could basically get a swap for any dupe covers for latest 5*, and the amount of covers I've wasted thinking they had to be at 12 covers and you pull a dupe 
    I know, I sold a few, too, before I learned about this...
  • Nonpoint1987
    Well I guess you learn something new every day, this information will definitely come In handy, thanks guys 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL said:
    Yepyep said:

Depends on who your bonus hero is. If it's one of the Classic 5*, no, they won't. You'll have to eat that.

Latest 5* should generally be eligible but there might be caveats (for example, might they reject a bonus Latest 5* cover swap that proc'ed off a Classic token open? I don't know).

They will swap chars who are in Latest, regardless of where they came from (Bonus, regular Latest, special stores).

They will not swap chars who are in Classics, regardless of where they came from (Bonus, regular Classics, special stores, daily resupply).
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Now you just have to simply collect 5 unusable covers to swap. No contact with customer service required
  • Yepyep
    Now you just have to simply collect 5 unusable covers to swap. No contact with customer service required
    Yes, I just commented in the other thread about this. To wit: I like the new policy, generally, but canning the 5* swap is a bummer.

Following up on my earlier posts -- they said they'd swap my 6th JJ black for a blue but would not swap my Gambit purple. As expected per the advice of @Bowgentle and @DFiPL.