Should Spirit of Vengeance node of "Heart of Darkness" be revamped for lower SCL rosters

2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the first time I've tried to do this event above SCL 7, so I'm starting to have real trouble with Royal Family. I was able to do the first 3 clears using Vulture/G4mora alongside my single cover BSSM, go for the stun lock and hope for a Deadliest Woman on one of them, but I started crashing and burning on the 4th clear. I already have full progression, so I may just leave it be.

the Cyke/X/Iceman node wasn't especially troublesome with a 3/3/3 Valkyrie/5* Lord/4ocket team, but I could see it being a problem with a 3* team.

I did Rider Awakens with Shuri (champ)/Main Event (champ) /P4nther (2/4/4 lvl 94), and man, let me tell you, even with a weaksauce P4nther that team is super fun, just utter chaos on the board. Let P4nther get a few yellows out, alternate between his red and shuri's red, and just have Main Event swapping tiles like crazy and using Gamma Powerbomb as you get the purple. I swapped out Hulk for Nico, and it did not go as well; my Nico is tanking too many colors, so she tends to get downed in the first round. Hyper-buffed special tiles don't work super well when Loki comes in on round two and steals them lol...

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let me chime in on this since I have a low level roster (I started from scratch 19 days ago).  I played SCL 5 and I agree that those 2 nodes were tough (Rider Awakens and 4*Essential).  But I was able to clear them as desired using my low level Switch (lvl 121+boost), Fist (lvl121+boost) and Cage (lvl 150).  My basic strategy was collect 10 - 15 Purple, spam Black to get cascades and then punch/stun everyone to death.  It worked, but my characters needed healing in the end.  I will say that my first attempt on Rider Awakens was almost a loss.  My Switch was killed and Fist was almost dead too by the end.  The 2nd attempt went well, but I used some boosts and just played smarter.