X3 Last Stand Movie

Options
2»

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Speaking of which, why haven't we got a new blade movie? The infamy behind blade 3 aside, it was a pretty successful franchise. Don't see why we could get a new run with say Killmonger as Blade.

And "allowed" to finish is the wrong word to describe what happened with X3. Singer flat out abandoned the franchise to make his Superman ode to Richard Donner remake.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I heard somewhere that Blade was going to show up in Agents of SHIELD (which I don't watch or care about) but I have no memory if that was a rumor or something more concrete.

I don't think Blade fits into what they're trying to do in the MCU. He would have to exists off to the side, on his own, much like he has in the comics universe. That's not what Marvel wants - they're more into making everything more connected.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Speaking of which, why haven't we got a new blade movie? The infamy behind blade 3 aside, it was a pretty successful franchise. Don't see why we could get a new run with say Killmonger as Blade.

And "allowed" to finish is the wrong word to describe what happened with X3. Singer flat out abandoned the franchise to make his Superman ode to Richard Donner remake.

I will happily admit I wasn't very familiar with what happened behind the scenes after X-men 2 when it happened, and my memory hasn't improved during the years. I am disappointed we didn't get a proper ending to the trilogy, let's leave it at that.

Dormammu said:
    I heard somewhere that Blade was going to show up in Agents of SHIELD (which I don't watch or care about) but I have no memory if that was a rumor or something more concrete.

I don't think Blade fits into what they're trying to do in the MCU. He would have to exists off to the side, on his own, much like he has in the comics universe. That's not what Marvel wants - they're more into making everything more connected.

Blade could probably work as a television series. The Movies largely ignore the TV shows anyway. Of course, they already tried doing a Blade TV series and it didn't work out... but that was in 2006.

(Yes, now I am actually doing a Little research Before posting. Hooray for being bored at work!)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I genuinely love X2 but unfortunately it carried on Singer’s dis-interest in Cyclops as a major player and without Cyclops the Dark Phoenix saga is soulless, so X3 was struggling from the get-go. I’m not too convinced that Singer wouldn’t have swapped in Wolverine any way if he had done X3. From the beginning, Singer didn’t really get that the Cyclops/Wolverine conflict was not just a school boy spat over a girl but was on a much deeper level.