Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Should I sell my 5* characters?

PalookavillePalookaville Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
I made the mistake of leveling up my OML a few months ago, I was so happy to finally have a usable 5* character and that I finally got the final covers for him, I leveled him (he is now my highest at 452)

I sold a whole bunch of championed 3* characters and with the couple of million ISO I collected, I put it into some other 5* characters to keep Logan company.

My top characters are now

OML 452
Silver Surver 435
Thanos and Hawkeye 420
Daredevil and Black Panther 390

Problem is, I am a PvP player and no matter what SHIELD clearance I select (7-9) I always end up fighting Gambit + Thor/Black Bolt + needed character.

In the SHIELD simulator, it is a similar situation, I face Gambit - Thor/BB - Chavez

I want to fight different teams, maybe... oh, some 4* teams would be nice, but apparently I have leveled myself too high for that, so my question is this...

Should I sell my 5* upper characters?

If I do, would I drop down in leveling so I don't have to face 450+ Gambits every other match? (not at all would be great) 

What level is the max I should have a 5* character before it effects my facing nothing but championed 5*s?

Are my Daredevil and Black Panther too high at level 390? Would I have to sell them too, to make sure I don't face mega high Gambit teams, or would it be safe to keep them?

Or should I just hope that Gambit eventually gets nerfed and I get some more 5* covers so I can have more than one fully covered 5* character.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I am just not having fun playing at the moment due to the same teams over and over again. I would like to be able to use my 4* characters, but I can't at the moment because even against weaker 5* characters (400+) they still get crushed on match damage alone.

I know it seems a bit much thinking about selling 6 upper roster 5*s, but if it I have to do it to make things more varied, I might well do it.

Comments

• DormammuDormammu Posts: 2,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a sad state of affairs the 5-star tier has become when players have to consider selling their top characters in order to make the game more enjoyable and/or playable, isn't it?
    Should I sell my 5* upper characters?
    No. But that's just me, you should play the game how you want to. Have you thought about dialing back on PvP and focusing more on PvE?
    If I do, would I drop down in leveling so I don't have to face 450+ Gambits every other match? (not at all would be great) 
    Yes.
    What level is the max I should have a 5* character before it effects my facing nothing but championed 5*s?
    Soft-capping them at the level your 4-stars are when boosted will keep your MMR in check.
    Are my Daredevil and Black Panther too high at level 390? Would I have to sell them too, to make sure I don't face mega high Gambit teams, or would it be safe to keep them?
    You should be safe keeping these.
  • MagicMagic Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is no PvP and PvE in this game - it's all the same. The difference is - in story you don't face Gambit all the time but it takes way more matches and better timing to be competitive. However if the competitive part is what you want - try your luck there if the Versus is just Gambolts or Gamthors. 

I would not sell the 5* even if the ones you have are not top tier now. Just tone down on Versus, focus on Story and hoard. Wait till there is a game changer to challenge Gambit and break the hoard or hope for a nerf if you think this is more likely. 

Being competitive in Versus takes more than just having Gambit (I know - I have him and can't be bothered past 900 points most of the time and therefore I seldom finish in top50). Without him - probably 600 points is the stress free level you can get.