Wrong SCL

cgrubb80
cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
Who has not paid attention and picked the wrong SCL?  I am a 6 or 7 player but chose 9 by mistake on PVE.  Oops!  

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    You only make that mistake once 
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I'll be hitting SCL9 a lot more now with these new token odds.  With a decent boosted list it's fairly easy to hit top 50 and get a 4* cover for placement (even if you can't max out the 5* essential).
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I did that for the last Webbed Wonder PVE that passed. I hung in there though. The only thing I wasted a lot of ISO on Boosts and it took way longer than my usual clear time. I also got my butt kicked in the 5* Essential node. Only got to beat the 1st 2 rounds of the last day for that node. I got full progression at least. I learned I can hang with the big boys, but chose to go back to SCL 7 for less hassle and to finish way faster.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    You only make that mistake once 
    I'm pretty sure I've seen someone post multiple times in the Worst MPQ Moment thread about choosing the wrong SCL. Some of us are slow learners ;)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Try having to play an entire season in Scl 1 PVP like an unnamed yellow spandex clad clawed individual had to do. Still ended with 30k to help his alliance.
    even if he got no rewards himself for it.

Another similar strength player had the same happen 2 seasons later, but scl 2.

a 550 player had to spend a new release in scl 1 after a misclick.

The thing that binds these mistakes? CS saying, sorry, you're out of luck, we can't help, nor give you perceived rewards based on the scl you normally qualify for.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll be hitting SCL9 a lot more now with these new token odds.  With a decent boosted list it's fairly easy to hit top 50 and get a 4* cover for placement (even if you can't max out the 5* essential).
    Hmmm.  Hitting top 50 has been pretty easy. The question is, will it get more crowded now that we are in Megadilution and you will take the better part of a year to finish someone (or longer)?  And will the devs become a little more generous with the covers?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    How was your experience and how many nodes can you go?
  • InfinityTh4nos
    InfinityTh4nos Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I'm pretty comfortable in the SL7 range minus the wakanda event. However for this event I accidentally went SCL8. My roster has been doing ok so far.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:

The question is, will it get more crowded now that we are in Megadilution and you will take the better part of a year to finish someone (or longer)?  And will the devs become a little more generous with the covers?
    It probably will.  It will be interesting to see the subtle changes in game play tactics as a result of this change.  The other day I held out for a late flip in 5.9 for the Hunt.  I missed the first day entirely and as a result didn't get full progression...but on the flip side I made top 20 and got 2 Valkyrie covers, bringing her to 14-- and all that without Okoye.  With last weeks' odds and her still in latest I probably wouldn't have done that but under the current system I think it was a good tradeoff.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I joined a PvP event at CL2 by mistake once....the real kick in the nuts was that it was still in the times of roster-based scaling. Fighting Lvl 400+ enemies when everyone else in your bracket is fighting 1*/2* goons is pretty heartbreaking.

i took T1 on principle though and was rewarded with 4x2* Magneto covers. Yay?
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I may have... accidentally.... joined the scl6 SEASON...

*blush*

It was the debut of the wins-based-progression.  We were trying to spread out across brackets so that the most people possible could earn the CP.

I joined Category-5 (Storm PvP) scl6... before I joined the season.  Locked me in.

On the plus side, one of the best season placements in my MPQ career.  :P
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    alaeth said:
    I may have... accidentally.... joined the scl6 SEASON...

*blush*

It was the debut of the wins-based-progression.  We were trying to spread out across brackets so that the most people possible could earn the CP.

I joined Category-5 (Storm PvP) scl6... before I joined the season.  Locked me in.

On the plus side, one of the best season placements in my MPQ career.  :P
    That was kinda funny.  Lol.