A Journey Through History - Nodes give full progression points for repeated clears

Options
2»

Comments

• Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The 4 Pve events DOM should happen in 4 days during midweek. With separate awards by event.!
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The game is getting very weird and... nonsense... The event progression is awkward, and feels like it's built wrong, you can only keep repeating one of the nodes to get 100% progression...? you finish all the nodes 100% and then you have to repeat some of them in order to reach 100% progression..?

What is this? I dont get it...

The only thing i would save from the whole dominaria release so far is only Teferi. The cards (without any strong sinergy between them), the events, and Jaya are a big let down, but this might just be my opinion.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,943 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Coilbox said:
    The game is getting very weird and... nonsense... The event progression is awkward, and feels like it's built wrong, you can only keep repeating one of the nodes to get 100% progression...? you finish all the nodes 100% and then you have to repeat some of them in order to reach 100% progression..?

What is this? I dont get it...

The only thing i would save from the whole dominaria release so far is only Teferi. The cards (without any strong sinergy between them), the events, and Jaya are a big let down, but this might just be my opinion.

Yeah, on the one hand, the rewards are very generous for the amount of time you have to spend to get them. On the other hand, how does this ever get past quality control? Did anyone think to look at this at all? Shouldn't there be some sort of oversight for this kind of stuff?

Overall, I'm ok with it because it is something you can figure out on your own, but it just looks like shoddy workmanship and makes me worry about what other obvious mistakes they are making. 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Coilbox said:

The cards in DOM are pretty great and do have synergy, don't know where you are coming from. Teferi on the other hand has a lousy first ability. Great otherwise . But what's that about Jaya? I don't have her but she looks like a strong candidate for one of the most interesting mono colored PWs.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like it.

Not everything has to be difficult and long. Thi is a game.

Think that not everyone has the library you have and that it should take more time for them.

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They could have made this more interesting. 
    Release one node each day monday-thursday and reward only completion once, kick up the difficulty severely (atleast for Platinum) and give a reward for progression before friday (a superpack for example).
    Then make it possible to replay on weekend for those who missed out or couldn't beat one or more nodes and have the 'normal' rewardlist only.
    And make replaying for those who have finished give 100 runes/objective for 300 max/match.

It feels like they are undecide on how to steer the game. Cater to new players or veterans, there doesn't seem to be a inbetween.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,731 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rhasget said:

It feels like they are undecide on how to steer the game. Cater to new players or veterans, there doesn't seem to be a inbetween.
    Isn't that how you'd probably feel after reading through all the debates in these threads? ;)
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rhasget said:

Isn't that how you'd probably feel after reading through all the debates in these threads? ;)
    Good thing we're not payd to find a solution and only here to judge :)
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    I was confused that the pack was separate, but forgot to look it up. That's the kind of unannounced behavior leading to a bad reputation and grudge although the rewards in general were really, really good.
    httpsscontent-ort2-1xxfbcdnnetvt115752-935114630_10212030301373489_1401311180005310464_npng_nc_cat0oh5c80b7b7482cb141da098824d6b27386oe5BA9CB31

Yeah I didn't think most people would check.

Honestly I was surprised myself when I saw the change I had to take a screenshot of it.

If they just want to make the first pack a glorified free-booster I'm fine with that, just call it something different so people don't get their hopes up for a chance at something that's actually impossible (rare/mythic/maaaybe a masterpiece)

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I have seen this morning opening a Dominaria booster for the last reward with one mythic, Muldrotha, one that I want and I do not have.

The 2 Dom reward boosters could have different rates? 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    rafalele said:
    I have seen this morning opening a Dominaria booster for the last reward with one mythic, Muldrotha, one that I want and I do not have.

The 2 Dom reward boosters could have different rates? 
    Yeah I checked the stats of both, the 2nd DOM booster is a normal booster, while the first DOM booster has the stats I posted above.  The names are identical tho.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like this event a lot. The midweek is _really_ hard for me to get time with (like I didn't do training grounds yesterday level).

So while I grok needing stuff for other people to spam, the "obligatory events" (anything named) I appreciate being more relaxing.

A nice solution might be... After you do all the 4 fights it unlocks a new version of each of them at the end of the list with BRAINY GREG running the same decks. Would be very interesting to see the difference in the exact same fights...
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am just as confused as the other guys who realize you can replay nodes for more points unlike with the Kaladesh PvEs, but seeing that the rewards include DOM booster packs and some guaranteed rares, I say this oddness is fine, wouldn't mind seeing it again in another time.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rhasget said:

Yeah, but that is more expected with hundreds of opinions on how they want the game to be.
    You'd think that the devs would have a clearer picture on how they want it to be. But if they want to cater to everyone and swing back and forth between the extremes it will never get anywhere.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    arNero said:
    I am just as confused as the other guys who realize you can replay nodes for more points unlike with the Kaladesh PvEs, but seeing that the rewards include DOM booster packs and some guaranteed rares, I say this oddness is fine, wouldn't mind seeing it again in another time.
    I’m guessing the Phyrexian Compleation will be exactly the same with different decks and themes, but similar progression and rewards. We will see on Thursday. 
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    Rhasget said:

Yeah, but that is more expected with hundreds of opinions on how they want the game to be.
    You'd think that the devs would have a clearer picture on how they want it to be. But if they want to cater to everyone and swing back and forth between the extremes it will never get anywhere.
    I was going to click like or insightful but didn’t think that was enough.  I agree with this 100%. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Skiglass6 said:
    Rhasget said:
    Rhasget said:

I was going to click like or insightful but didn’t think that was enough.  I agree with this 100%. 

Yep. It's a hard balance to make though... You swing back and forth always copping abuse for things that other people asked for and the people who asked for it give a noncommittal ""eh"" instead of effusive praise and then you just give up and ignore everyone and never take input again. (Which is where Hibernum ended up.)

Compromise usually comes from giving everyone a few things in their top ten but never ever their number 1 desire and because people now have trouble accepting anything below their number 1 desire it's now hard to do. Part of the fix is everyone adjusting their own expectations and learning how to be happy again with a wide range of things that ""aren't bad"".