A Journey Through History - Nodes give full progression points for repeated clears

Options
Brakkis
Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
edited June 2018 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So I've cleared nodes 1 and 2, both only reward 5/3/2 for 10 points. If the other two hold the trend, that means 40 possible points, 25 shy of full progression.

Might be jumping the gun. Be back in a few with screenshots if I'm not or a correction if I am wrong.

EDIT: Edited the title to be informative. What a lackadaisical method of progression...

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can confirm, after completing all 4 nodes at 100% I am still 2 progression levels short (25 ribbons).

@Brigby @Oktagon_Daiane is this a mistake?  Are there supposed to be more than 4 nodes?  How does one get the last 25 ribbons?
  • Brakkis
    Options
    Returning to likewise confirm. All 4 nodes complete, only 40 points.

This is the same issue Trial of Zeal had when you tried to run it in this format. 
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You can replay each node for additional points. 
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is stupid. You can just keep replaying node #1? Heh.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Brakkis said:

This is the same issue Trial of Zeal had when you tried to run it in this format. 
    When did they try to run Trial of Zeal in this format?  I haven't seen it pop up since HOU came out.
  • Rhasget
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Brakkis said:

When did they try to run Trial of Zeal in this format?  I haven't seen it pop up since HOU came out.
    In the end of Hibernums time they put up ToZ as a solo PvE. It was bugged and had the progression scores left from when it was a coalition event (600? for progression) and you could max out at 65 with the new scores.
  • Brakkis
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    You can replay each node for additional points. 
    Yep, just discovered this. No indication of this being the case unless you actually replay it. Seems rather dumb.

Also, this is an extremely simple and short event.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    But think of the lore you miss out on...
  • Brakkis
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Brakkis said:

In the end of Hibernums time they put up ToZ as a solo PvE. It was bugged and had the progression scores left from when it was a coalition event (600? for progression) and you could max out at 65 with the new scores.
    Ya it was in game for about 2 hours before they took it down because of the scoring bug. Hasn't been back since.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    Rhasget said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Brakkis said:

Ya it was in game for about 2 hours before they took it down because of the scoring bug. Hasn't been back since.
    Ah, got it.  Before AMK rotated out I was hoping to see Trial of Zeal again, I was never able to beat it when it came out and I wanted another shot.  Oh well, maybe in legacy.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I finished it. So that was it with events for the week
  • Rhasget
    Options
    Yeah, I finished it. So that was it with events for the week
    Next part is out on thursday actually. But, yeah, it will be slow going once again.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I actually like playing the second battle more. It's a little easier to me and doesn't have that ability that can insta - kill you. 
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Yeah, but why would you want to?  Its not like any of the fights are actually hard lol.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,731 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You could, but the 3rd battle (the one with the artwork of Living Death that lore-wise takes place during Ice Age) is actually a lot of fun

I know you're probably just joking, but had to throw that out just in case :)
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Did anyone one else besides me check the rarity-chances of the first booster pack though?

99% common, 91% uncommon.

That's it.

Same exact name as normal DOM booster packs but with 0% Rare/Mythic/Masterpiece.

Just throwin' that out there.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Did anyone one else besides me check the rarity-chances of the first booster pack though?

That's it.

Same exact name as normal DOM booster packs but with 0% Rare/Mythic/Masterpiece.

Yeah, not sure why they did that.  I personally don't mind an uncommon-common only pack every once in a while for those hard-to-get uncommons (I got a new one in it), but I just don't get the reasoning behind it.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

That's it.

Yeah, not sure why they did that.  I personally don't mind an uncommon-common only pack every once in a while for those hard-to-get uncommons (I got a new one in it), but I just don't get the reasoning behind it.
    true, I'm not so much bothered by that.  We've had common/uncommon packs in the past, but they were always called something different to inform players what to expect.  Changing the contents of what is in the packs without changing the name is a bit misleading, as I'm sure there were plenty of players (myself included) who actually thought there was a chance at a rare or mythic from that pack.

It's not so much what they are doing that makes me raise an eyebrow, it's how they're doing it.  lol
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was confused that the pack was separate, but forgot to look it up. That's the kind of unannounced behavior leading to a bad reputation and grudge although the rewards in general were really, really good.
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This event just enlarged my longing for any kind of end game content.