Planeswalker Arena v2

2»

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    boblpobl said:
    I like the idea, and I'd add one more thing: Each walker should get their own small, exclusive story mode that you can only play if you purchase the walker. The story mode can tell the history of that walker. Then, instead of just getting a bunch of random cards when you buy the walker, you get the story mode, and the cards are given as rewards for completing them. Not exclusive rewards, just exclusive story mode battles.

We've talked about levelling and runes and things before and this is similar to parts of one suggestion.

Nissa has her her tutorial that introduces you to her 3 abilities and by the end she is big enough to have the first 3 and you can use her in other things. The suggestion is that the 5 basic planeswalkers _all_ have a story section like hers and they are all _free_ after you finish their missions and come out with level 1 in all 3 basic abilities. "Winning" cards to swap in and out of their decks would be good too.

Adding a story mode for all the other walkers after buying them would be great too and it would be excellent if it gave you the 3 abilities too. This would replace levels 1-20 for everyone.

The normal Tutorial also lets you play with a high level Kiora just for that and this would be great advertising for walkers.
    In story each new walker could have a section and you could have a high level example mission at the start that anyone could play without owning the walker, with the tutorial missions showing after it but being locked unless you own that person. Then you can give people a taste of things, showcase "weird" things that might be possible with that persons abilities  and encourage people to buy it. (Some will buy it _just_ to unlock the missions and complete them, because some of us are weird.)

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Heck, I'm already buying all the Planeswalkers just to have them, it would be cool to actually have a use for them. Tezz1 is the only one that's been available for crystals that I don't have yet, as the last time he showed up was in the middle of the crazy rush of RIX Planeswalker releases and I didn't have enough crystals.