Did you see the news? C&D is coming!

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
 Did we really NEED four C&D in game pop ups? Whi approved this nonsense? 

Comments

• Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    After receiving the free cover, I eagerly checked out all the ads and bought the comic through the Marvel App. Everybody wins.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    All those hours of clicking!!! Stop the insanity!

It's 2 pictures, 2 text boxes; not the end of the world. I'd forgotten it was tonight so I  appreciated them.

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Dude, you had to close four boxes. It's not like they deleted your account.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Eh. We used to sit through 30 sec to a minute ads for 250 ISO. Four pop ups that come with a free 4* is more than a fair deal.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    If i posted 4 threads on any one subject,  would be ok?  No,  at the LEAST I'd be warned for spamming
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    If i posted 4 threads on any one subject,  would be ok?  No,  at the LEAST I'd be warned for spamming
    Ironic, considering there's already a C&D free cover thread, and posting a separate thread to complain instead of joining the relevant discussion almost constitutes spamming to begin with.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's only 4 clicks. Jeez. You can always quit the game if you are not happy with their marketing campaign.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    There are more ads for Cloak and Dagger than Infinity Wars in MPQ.  
    Ouch, yeah.

Did we get any free 4* cover for IW?  Not to beat a dead horse, but did we seriously get better stuff for a teen show on a weird network, than the culmination of 10 years and almost 20 movies?
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I think you're alone on this one my guy. 4 quick taps and back to the game. I too forgot it was tonight so, meh.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Did we get any free 4* cover for IW?  Not to beat a dead horse, but did we seriously get better stuff for a teen show on a weird network, than the culmination of 10 years and almost 20 movies?
    Obviously people were already excited about Infinity War, a movie which will make over TWO BILLION DOLLARS by the end of its theatrical run alone.

The Cloak&Dagger TV show, by comparison, needs the addidional exposure because it is merely, in your own words, "a teen show on a weird network," so it makes perfect sense.

Because of the ads I will now be checking out a show I'd honestly forgotten was going to be airing and I also got a cover that didn't require hours of grinding.
  • Erunner1201
    Erunner1201 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Obviously people were already excited about Infinity War, a movie which will make over TWO BILLION DOLLARS by the end of its theatrical run alone.

The Cloak&Dagger TV show, by comparison, needs the addidional exposure because it is merely, in your own words, "a teen show on a weird network," so it makes perfect sense.

Because of the ads I will now be checking out a show I'd honestly forgotten was going to be airing and I also got a cover that didn't require hours of grinding.
    This seems to be the inherent problem with MPQ as of late.  The people in charge of MPQ seem to concentrate on more minor/niche characters and don't seem to care about the big blockbusters.  Yeah they released 3 new characters from infinity war but most of them are meh.  Then they release a powerful character like Okoye who I didn't even know existed until the BP movie.  MPQ didn't even do anything for deadpool 2.  Really sad.  
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor

I won't lie, you have a convincing point there.

BUT.

Look at all the other properties out there.  Everyone had IW tie-ins.  Even Fortnite got a playable Thanos!  We got 3 characters that were related to the movie, but let's not kid ourselves, we were getting three characters released, regardless of a movie coming out or not, so that doesnt really count.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor

This seems to be the inherent problem with MPQ as of late.  The people in charge of MPQ seem to concentrate on more minor/niche characters and don't seem to care about the big blockbusters.  Yeah they released 3 new characters from infinity war but most of them are meh.  Then they release a powerful character like Okoye who I didn't even know existed until the BP movie.  MPQ didn't even do anything for deadpool 2.  Really sad.  
    IW didn't need more advertisement.  C&D does.  It's that simple.

In addition to the new char releases, we got SUPPORTS!!!(tm) for IW.  At least 10 of them (4x black order and the 6 stones).  They gave away multiple tokens, that could draw new content, each day for a week for IW.  We got 1 card of a classic cover for C&D.

Now, you COULD argue (and so would I) that this 1 old cover is infinitely more useful than the 10+ tokens they gave us for supports... but to say they did nothing is selective memory.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    There are more ads for Cloak and Dagger than Infinity Wars in MPQ.  
    Ouch, yeah.

the point of any of these special "crossovers" is to generate publicity so it's not that crazy that this is how it went. they did not need much publicity for Infinity wars but doing 4 popups made sure we all saw the less popular C&D
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker

They also need to build some excitement because for those of us who read and collected the OG series back when it was published, we're pretty dismayed by what we've seen has been done to these characters, their origin story, and their relationship with each other.

I've been wanting to a screen adaptation for a long time and am not planning on watching this. Create other characters to tell this story. Don't PG-13 C&D to this level and move them away from their home ground to tell it. :(