S.H.I.E.L.D. Sim Bracket change?

Options
ThatOneGuyjp189512
ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
so i was just going through some of the loki event, after one match i noticed my SHIELD sim ranking changed from 88....to 5, and all the top people that were there before are now all gone, replaced by someone 300 points below the previous people. Did they readjust everyone's brackets or is it just me? cause i'd been trying to tank a bit this loki event. Would that affect my bracket placement in the shield sim?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    so i was just going through some of the loki event, after one match i noticed my SHIELD sim ranking changed from 88....to 5, and all the top people that were there before are now all gone, replaced by someone 300 points below the previous people. Did they readjust everyone's brackets or is it just me? cause i'd been trying to tank a bit this loki event. Would that affect my bracket placement in the shield sim?

I have yet to enter Shield Sim. Earlier, I could still view the leaderboards because there was no bracketing. now I get the standard message about the screen having no information to display.

EDIT: Looks like they are discussing it in the Season 1 thread.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6437&start=420
  • Unknown
    Options
    I experienced the same weirdness. Top in my bracket last night was at almost 3000. Now #1 is acilbalik231 with just 2759. #10 is way lower at 2391. I asked in my alliance and a friend said he sees someone at 2990, so I have no idea what is going on.
  • Unknown
    Options
    When I logged in this morning I noticed half the top ten were unshielded and only ARES was at the top. No Slobofix and a few other stalwarts that had been shielding for the past 8-10 days.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Ditto, only Ares and someone else shielded in my top 10, the old top 10 is there no more, so we have probably been bracketed for whatever reasons - not like there are placement rewards. I guess more people wanted to see their name in top 10? lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Ditto, only Ares and someone else shielded in my top 10, the old top 10 is there no more, so we have probably been bracketed for whatever reasons - not like there are placement rewards. I guess more people wanted to see their name in top 10? lol

I noticed I had jumped from 2300-something to 256. I also have ARES in #1.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's right - we split this into 10,000 player instances as the size of the leaderboard led to server slowdowns/disconnects yesterday.

Since there are no placement rewards, this doesn't affect anything (except for how much you can brag about a 1st place finish).
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Also see: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7382 for a more general reasoning behind this particular change.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That's right - we split this into 10,000 player instances as the size of the leaderboard led to server slowdowns/disconnects yesterday.

Since there are no placement rewards, this doesn't affect anything (except for how much you can brag about a 1st place finish).

It also means that the top 10 players do not let EVERY OTHER PLAYER know when they unshield. That's a huge target to put on the backs of a few people and a major disadvantage to them as they jockey for placement in their individual season brackets.

If you guys were still making "a dollar a day from every player," 40 cents of that was coming from Slobofix.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Its simple.. This guy is always shielded..does a permanent shield exist? Anyway he has deep pockets i like to have.. And dont tell me his hp come only from events won..