SHIELD Training

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
I just got my spidey up to level 111 and try to fight C&D level 100. After six attempts I'm near giving up. Is it just lousy boards or what? He doesn't really have any damaging abilities and C&D just trash him after 5 or 6 matches. Anyone have any thoughts about it? Tips?

Comments

• qandols
    Ok, used 100% spidey boost, 2x red/yellow boost, chimichanga level 59 support and a ironman unibeam TU. In spite of the 10:th lousy board I decked them, just. Next node is level 168, do not think I'll get there before the Training ends. Feels OK anyway :smile:
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Congrats on the win!  CD was one of the worst fights.  This Spidey is going to be a contender for hardest crash if you don’t have a lot of reds, and depending on who the opponent is.  Of course, that’s about a year away.
  • qandols
    Yeah, all the boards I was given had nearly no reds at all.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    qandols said:
    I just got my spidey up to level 111 and try to fight C&D level 100. After six attempts I'm near giving up. Is it just lousy boards or what? He doesn't really have any damaging abilities and C&D just trash him after 5 or 6 matches. Anyone have any thoughts about it? Tips?
    Took me 6-7 tries.  First 2 were just the base C&D, second 2-3 were using AP and/or match-damage boosts.  The last 2 I said "tinykitty-it.  I;m just going to one-shot C&D with a team-up".  The first attempt, the board dropped with only 2 TU tiles on it and never got better.  The last attempt I was able to get enough to fire Gambit's Ragin' Cajun TU and killed them.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    It took me two tries, but the second try, I just used a team-up to kill him. Hey, whatever works!
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    bluewolf said:
    Congrats on the win!  CD was one of the worst fights.  This Spidey is going to be a contender for hardest crash if you don’t have a lot of reds, and depending on who the opponent is.  Of course, that’s about a year away.
    Hope it's Gwen. Just for the lolz.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the issue is C&D are just so good at feeding and healing themselves and their damaging purple is so darn cheap.

They're a one-character army.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    With these new pack odds, part of me fears I won't have him covered even by then. Currently I'm using my BH for Widow, since I came away from all of her events with her being at 0/1/1.