Server Maintenance & 2.7 Data Push (6/4/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

We are scheduling maintenance for this Wednesday (6/6), in-order to improve server stability and performance. This will require some downtime and is scheduled to last for 4 hours.

Start: 6/6/2018 at 7:00am EST / 11am UTC / 4am PST
End: 6/6/2018 at 11:00am EST / 3pm UTC / 8am PST

In addition, during this server maintenance, we will be implementing a data push that will introduce some new content and changes:

New Content
3 more chapters of the Dominaria event series A Journey Through History will be added:
  • A Journey Through History: The Phyrexian Compleation.
  • A Journey Through History: A Nightmare of War.
  • A Journey Through History: Space-Time Catastrophe.
Changes
We will be adjusting the card, Gilded Lotus:
  • Cost changed from 9 to 6.
  • Shield increased from 2 to 3.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue with the Support Card, Gideon's Reproach. The card displays correctly in the inventory now.
  • Fixed the quantity display issue in the Vault for DOM Premium Pack. Changed from 6x to 5x.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Comments

• JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    First of all, thanks for listeninging to us about GL, we really appreciate it.

Wondering if the bug with Anguished Unmaking will be addressed in the fix?
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Lotus is playable now!  The 3 shields makes a huge difference.

Thank you!
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    New Content
    3 more chapters of the Dominaria event series A Journey Through History will be added:
    Is this... more story mode by any chance...?!?! Or is it an event we havent played yet...?
    Wish it was story mode man!!!

Thanks for the Lotus though, amazing news!
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

New Content
    Is this a new event, or is it Around the World (or whatever its actually called) going to be 5 nodes?

Please clarify.
  • timthes
    timthes Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Second MBurn7's question, is this added to Around the Reborn World ;-)? , the word more and added hint in that direction, but the title is a bit confusing.

Also a big thanks for listening to the community, and make Gilded Lotus once more a playable card, agree with above poster that +2 at a higher cost would have had my preference, but the extra shield and lower cost isn't that bad.

Also hoping that the maintenance fixes a lot of freezes and crashes with the app. 

Keep up the good work!
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you for the Lotus change. It is now playable again.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Dominaria DESERVES a history mode!
    I've been waiting so long time for this.
    AWR is great for midweek! Don´t need be extended anymore.
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Wait a min, I thought we all agreed that Traxos was ready for a change. 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe that A Journey through History is going to be a PvE series like the Oath of Gatewatch , except OGW has 2 seperate chapters/parts and JtH will have 4 chapters, each with 4 encounters.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby when do we get to play some of these? We're back to a dearth of content.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited June 2018
    Brigby when do we get to play some of these? We're back to a dearth of content.
    I'm planning on updating the sneak peek thread today, so Soon™
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Just wondering. . Is it really ""Compleation" or is it actually "Completion"? Because I don't think compleation is a word , is it? Or is it some European spelling?
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby when do we get to play some of these? We're back to a dearth of content.
    We must wait for the long cold darkness to thaw...
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Again what learned! ☺️
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Azerack said:
    Just wondering. . Is it really ""Compleation" or is it actually "Completion"? Because I don't think compleation is a word , is it? Or is it some European spelling?
    We had been wondering about that too, and decided to ask Wizards of the Coast that exact question. Turns out it actually is intended to be spelled Compleation, instead of Completion.

I dug a bit deeper online, and it seems that "Compleat" is an old English word, defined as "having all necessary or desired elements or skills." In reference to the Phyrexians, Compleation seems to describe their state of reaching perfection or maturity.

I think there are some archived articles on Magic the Gathering's website that references it as well, if you'd like to learn more.
    All the Phyrexian references in the game use compleation as opposed to completion. It refers to the point at which a Phyrexian has replaced all their organic components with all synthetic ones.

Here's a wiki page that goes over it:
    https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Compleation

or for those who don't want to read, here's a video:
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Thanks @Brigby and @wereotter .

I'm glad it wasn't just me and sadly I considered myself a pretty decent English Lit fan, too... Guess nobody is too old to learn something new about something old. ;-)

Thanks for A. Looking into that ( @Brigby and crew) and B. The background info ( @wereotter ).