Blonde Widow/IM40 stun [Investigating]

Waddles_Pines
Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,219 Chairperson of the Boards
Not sure if the bug is with Widow or IM.  Was playing DDQ today and IM got off his recharge and was stunned.  I know that once his stun says one that the next turn he'll for off his red power.  So, I used Widow's black to stun him.  I made my match and instead of giving me another turn, he fired off his red right away.

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    How many black covers do you have on your BWIW?  If it is 3 or less, then she only stuns for 1 turn and it would not have extended IM's stun counter. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,219 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only 1 cover.  The problem is that his self stun allows him to act the second the timer reaches zero.  When you stun a character, they can't make a move until the following turn after the counter reached zero.  

For example look at 4*Gamora.  Hypothetically let's say 2 characters left.  Her stun stuns one target 3 turns and the other one for one turn.  Once you fire off her ability and make a match, the character that was 1 stunned doesn't take a turn until you make another match.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd agree that this sounds like a bug.  A while back they announced that stun moves would now extend the stun duration of already stunned opponents.

BW's ability should have extended IM's stun duration by half a turn (i.e. from expiring on the enemy turn to expiring on the player's turn), but didn't.  Presumably the game code is just comparing the stun counter without regard for which team performed the original stun.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    I'd agree that this sounds like a bug.  A while back they announced that stun moves would now extend the stun duration of already stunned opponents.

BW's ability should have extended IM's stun duration by half a turn (i.e. from expiring on the enemy turn to expiring on the player's turn), but didn't.  Presumably the game code is just comparing the stun counter without regard for which team performed the original stun.
    This is what I was thinking, but phrased much clearer.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone, I spoke with the team regarding this issue and it appears that this may be a bug. The team is going to look into this issue further.