Update to 4-Star Pack Odds (6/4/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Get ready to see more 4-Star characters! No, I’m not talking about the new Spider-Man (although I heard he’s fun to play ;) ) I’m talking about improving the odds of getting a 4-Star character from packs! We wanted to give players a better chance at getting all 4-Star characters, not just a select few, so we're adding some tweaks and improvements to Heroic, Legendary, Story Mode, 3-Star Versus, and 4-Star Versus Comic Store odds.

This Wednesday (6/6), we will be adjusting odds for all packs that have a chance at giving out a 4-Star character, and adding 4-Star characters into 4-Star Versus Tournament Comic Stores. With the addition of these changes, we will also be on the lookout for opportunities to run 4-Star Versus Tournaments more frequently.

The odds for Latest 4-Star characters will be adjusted to match the odds for Vintage 4-Stars, however the odds for Vintage characters will significantly increase, and most Comic Stores will have higher odds of acquiring a 4-Star character overall. This means that there will no longer be a distinction between Vintage and Latest 4-Stars going forward. With these changes, players should have a consistent and quicker growth rate, concurrently for all 4-Star characters, than they did previously with their Vintage ones.

Here are the Comic Store changes you can expect to see:

Story Mode and 3-Star Versus Tournament
  • Vintage 4-Star odds increased by approximately 200%
  • Overall 4-Star odds increased by approximately 25%
4-Star Versus Tournament
  • All 4-Star characters added to packs. Same odds as Story Mode and 3-Star Versus Tournament.
  • New Release / Featured at higher odds than all 4-Star characters:
    • 1x odds for featured character is approximately 10x higher than other 4-Star characters
    • 10x odds for featured character is approximately 20x higher than other 4-Star characters
  • Overall 4-Star odds increased by approximately 100%
Heroic
  • 1x odds for Vintage 4-Star characters increased by 50%
  • 10x odds for Vintage 4-Star characters increased by 100%
  • Overall 4-Star odds remain the same
Legendary
  • Vintage 4-Star characters increased by approximately 50%
  • Overall 4-Star odds remain the same
This discussion has been closed.