For the Love of All that is Holy : Please bring some kind of parallel ISO event during Boss Events

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
I started a thread last time there was a boss event but this one is actually ridiculous.  If ISO is how you level your characters, and the best way to get it is through normal PVE, why do you have a Boss Event that is bone dry for ISO and not have anything running parallel to help one get ISO?

I do not understand this at all.  Yes, I get that it is fun to have a Boss Event with lots of 4* awards.  And I get that it is nice to have a breather from PVE.

But for those of us who actually need and want the ISO that comes with normal PVE, this is not good news.  Either raise ISO rewards during this event or run something parallel.  How many times does this have to fall on deaf ears?  Oh, I think I already know the answer.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with you but technically we do with Shield Training. That's likely why we now have new 4* releases during boss events. The PVP season also started so this is the perfect time to grind some SHIELD Sim.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Literally the last 4* we had was in a normal event. "4 releases during bosses" are not standard, by a long shot.

There is definitely a resource discrepancy with Boss events and 2-day sub events, and at least the former needs to be addressed (the latter is only unbearable with DPvsMPQ).

I feel like the devs think that giving away more covers accounts for it, but it really doesn't. I can understand if Boss events don't give as much in the way of ISO/tokens because we get the 3* and 4* covers in placement, but they still don't give enough.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I understand your sentiment and agree with your points, but come on lets be real here. They are really stingy with ISO. Just look at the way it is handled in the store. $99.99 for 78K ISO, which is enough for Championing one 2* and having a little bit left. If your spending $99.99 to champ a 2* then your doing something wrong. Same thing with how they haven't made a double ISO event since the Anniversary last year. I don't mean 1 PVP event like the Snow Ball fight, I mean across the whole game a double ISO event. Every part of the game deserves an ISO increase on rewards. I think this like the request for Individual Boss Progression rewards to be tied to SCL is going to fall on death ears like it has for a while now. You have better luck with a request to add more Red ISO to rewards, which was added in record time by the Developers after a small amount of time after players asked for it. Trust me I know the ISO struggle is real I'm Championing 4*'s at the moment in my roster and it takes a long while even with a 2* farm.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...technically we do with Shield Training. That's likely why we now have new 4* releases during boss events.
    This is an excellent point

Punisher5784 said:
    this is the perfect time to grind some SHIELD Sim.
    Actually, that would be in about 2 weeks.

I do not understand this at all.  Yes, I get that it is fun to have a Boss Event with lots of 4* awards.  And I get that it is nice to have a breather from PVE.

But for those of us who actually need and want the ISO that comes with normal PVE, this is not good news.
    I don't mind. I like that my alliance gets at least 3 covers of a new release 4-star plus a bunch of other great tokens and covers. It's supposed to be nice this weekend and I'll be in the lake, happily ignoring MPQ. You don't need the 24/7 ISO grind. It'll be back on Sunday.
  • LavaManLee
    Dormammu said:
     You don't need the 24/7 ISO grind.
    No offense but please don't tell me what I do or don't need.  This game is built around ISO and right now I need that way more than I need covers.  If I have time to play, that is my choice.  If you have time to go to the lake, that is your choice.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,792 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have heard your begging about this for the last two years, how about some new supports?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    As many before me have said, every since Boss Events came out, we need Gauntlet to run at the same time as a boss event.  This would help a ton.  

When we would get these Boss events every 3-6 months it didn’t matter that much, but now, this needs to be addressed.  Also, the smack in the face with the 2-48 pve event right after this Boss event doesn’t feel too good either.  

Wasn't there an article recently that a dev actually talked about the Gauntlet event?  
  • Dormammu
    No offense...
    None taken. But come on, man. With overlap from Duck event and whatever starts on Sunday, you're talking about two days without a normal PvE to grind. Is that really enough to invoke all that is holy?  >:)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    If you need only ~1/3 of the total clear of a regular event to hit full progression, then naturally the amount of iso-8 would be reduced. 
  • LavaManLee
    Dormammu said:
    No offense...
    None taken. But come on, man. With overlap from Duck event and whatever starts on Sunday, you're talking about two days without a normal PvE to grind. Is that really enough to invoke all that is holy?  >:)
    Yes.  :-)
  • Dormammu
    Fair enough.

Come on, D3! When are you going to wake up? Can't you run a dang Heroic event or something during these Boss Events? Can't you see we're literally starving for ISO, over here?

(How'd I do?)
  • LavaManLee
    Dormammu said:
    Fair enough.

Come on, D3! When are you going to wake up? Can't you run a dang Heroic event or something during these Boss Events? Can't you see we're literally starving for ISO, over here?

(How'd I do?)
    Awesome!  Appreciate that we can disagree on the fine points but agree that MPQ is a fun heck of a game.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    It would great if there was a season-long Gauntlet that people could play whenever they wanted. 

But yes, anything that helps the ISO shortage during boss events would be nice.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    justsing said:
    It would great if there was a season-long Gauntlet that people could play whenever they wanted. 

But yes, anything that helps the ISO shortage during boss events would be nice.
    i concur.. a season long PvE to help with iso and just to kill time in between PvE grinds would be fine. since optimal play is first hour grind, last hour grind, with basically 22 hours of down time..
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    i concur.. a season long PvE to help with iso and just to kill time in between PvE grinds would be fine. since optimal play is first hour grind, last hour grind, with basically 22 hours of down time..
    This has been my aggravation about this game since I began playing last year.  I'd love for an endless PVE, with a story that just goes on and on, but season-long would be fine, too.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    I just wish that stupid popup letting us know about the boss fight every single time you click on the node would stop coming up