Cover swaps: official policy and how to do?

abmoraz
abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
So... Can I get an official response on what the cover swap policy is and how to request one?  While I appreciate other forum users responses, what I am really looking for is the official policy from a D3/Demiurge representative so that I can determine whether or not I can swap the duplicate cover I got last night.  I have never requested a 5* swap before and reading through the forums, it seems there is a lot of hearsay and contradicting posts as to what can and can't be swapped, so I'd really prefer an official response with the actual policy.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I can post the entire verbiage from d3 on a current swap I’m doing but I don’t want to break some forum rule.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    You can swap colors for 5* characters in latest tokens for colors you already have maxed.  It must be for the same character, so no swapping cap for JJ.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Basepuzzler's answer yields the most constant result. If in doubt, ask yourself these 2 questions,

1) Did I pull a 5-star character from Latest Legendary Token?
    2) Have I reached 5 colours in that power?

If you answered 'yes' to both questions, then you can email CS to request for a swap.

However, you cannot swap the cover of X character for Y character.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I can post the entire verbiage from d3 on a current swap I’m doing but I don’t want to break some forum rule.
    Seems sad that relaying official policy would break a forum rule, no?  But I understand.  Until an Admin/Mod or D3/Demiurge rep responds, could you Direct Message me the verbiage?

You can swap colors for 5* characters in latest tokens for colors you already have maxed.  It must be for the same character, so no swapping cap for JJ.
    While I appreciate the response, I've seen other responses in other threads that directly contradict this as being the only things that can be swapped (which is why I asked for an official response from someone directly related to D3/Demiurge).
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    You can wait around here on the forum for an "official" response for a really long time. By the time you get one, your duplicate cover will probably have expired. You'd be much better off creating a support ticket. If you're trying to do something that isn't allowed, customer support will let you know. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    rixmith said:
    You can wait around here on the forum for an "official" response for a really long time. By the time you get one, your duplicate cover will probably have expired. You'd be much better off creating a support ticket. If you're trying to do something that isn't allowed, customer support will let you know. 

I was about to write the same thing. We're not allowed to discuss Customer Service on the forum, regardless of the reason. With that said, just contact Customer Service and they will inform you of any possibilities that are in line with their policies. Good luck!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, this is the wrong place to be seeking official statements from the developers. Go to where they handle that type of thing: D3 Go! Support
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Sent to your inbox @abmoraz
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

As I understand the policy:

It applies to characters currently in Latest Legends and new releases, not to characters in Classic Legends. However, it does not actually matter how you got the cover - if you get it as a bonus hero from a Classic Legends cover it is still eligble to be swapped.

It only applies to covers in colors you already have maxed, and only if you have less than 13 covers already - if you can max the character and apply the cover as a champ level you are expected to take that way.

But, as has already been mentioned, request a swap and you will get full instructions.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having swapped my first 5* cover (GR Black for a red), I didn't pay attention to it, but does anybody know if you keep the ISO for the sold cover?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    You keep the iso. So treat it as a small extra bonus :)
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Quebbster said:

It applies to characters currently in Latest Legends and new releases, not to characters in Classic Legends. However, it does not actually matter how you got the cover - if you get it as a bonus hero from a Classic Legends cover it is still eligble to be swapped.

It only applies to covers in colors you already have maxed, and only if you have less than 13 covers already - if you can max the character and apply the cover as a champ level you are expected to take that way.

But, as has already been mentioned, request a swap and you will get full instructions.

(emphasis mine) Did they change this? I thought BH were excluded as well.

/edit: Okay, looked up the text from the last time I contacted CS for a swap (5Thor), and it only mentions they will not provide swaps for heroes that have been moved to classic tokens. So I guess a bonus hero would apply no matter the source, provided they are still in lates.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    Quebbster said:

(emphasis mine) Did they change this? I thought BH were excluded as well.

I only pull Latest myself, so I can't verify from personal experience, but I have Heard of people who got swaps for Latest fivestars gotten through non-Latest pulls. It would match the policy text they send out Before a swap is made too.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have definitely had a bonus hero cover swapped, so that’s not a dealbreaker.