Killing creature in battle bug

Options
rafalele
rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
@Brigby, @Oktagon_Daiane

As we have in almost every event the objective to kill x creatures, I think that this old well reported bug should have been fixed long ago, but here it is.

I remember you that killing a creature by other creature in the last turn of a battle does not count in the objectives. It it is killed by spell it counts.

I have just suffered this bug in the current Race to Orazca.

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this really a bug or a WAD quirk of the game? If you watch, creatures never die until after all of combat has happened. This occurs at any point in the game. If they re-architected this so that creatures died as soon as they received lethal damage, I think it would be a potentially huge change to a good number of scenarios.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think this is a bug -- I lost an objective for the same reason this time around. In several other matches I should have killed 6 or more and it registered as just what I had before the last turn. 
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think it’s a Works As Designed effect, but could be improved.  
    As soon as a player takes lethal damage the game ends.  
    If it processed creature deaths in the middle of combat, it could trigger unexpected consequences.
      ie: my Ruin Rats hits my opponent’s Banewhip Punisher.  Right now, both creatures take lethal damage, then my other creatures attack, battle concludes, and all on-destroy effects happen - my 2nd creature is destroyed after combat by the dead Punisher.  
    If destroy effects happen immediately, my 2nd creature never gets to attack once the Rat and Punisher kill each other - it would also be destroyed. 

If kill counters are incremented as soon as a creature takes lethal damage, but before anything else happens (on-destroy effects, application of Trample damage, 2nd or 3rd creature attacks, etc), the game play would not change but would clear up this kill count discrepancy.