Rogue Power Siphon bug [Solved]

DeNappa
DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
Saw this today in the loaner node "intergalactic Vacation", featuring 3*BP, 4*Rogue, 2* Bullseye vs Thug/The Hood/Juggernaut

Juggernaut was the last enemy left, and I fired Rogue;s green power. It targeted the color green, meaning my green AP gain is tripled and the AI shoukd be denied any green AP gain. The enemy had 9 green AP at that moment, and the enemy Juggernaut was at low green covers making his green power cost 10 green AP. However, 2 or 3 turns after that, after firing their team-up power (Bullseye's "Deadly Precision"), the AI somehow was able to fire Jugg's "Unstoppable Crash" as well.

So either it gained a green AP anyhow, or it was able to fire said power for reduced cost. Both of which shouldnt be possible.

/edit: just to clarify, Rogue's passive had *not* triggered yet, meaning it was still in 'deny' mode

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    Saw this today in the loaner node "intergalactic Vacation", featuring 3*BP, 4*Rogue, 2* Bullseye vs Thug/The Hood/Juggernaut

Juggernaut was the last enemy left, and I fired Rogue;s green power. It targeted the color green, meaning my green AP gain is tripled and the AI shoukd be denied any green AP gain. The enemy had 9 green AP at that moment, and the enemy Juggernaut was at low green covers making his green power cost 10 green AP. However, 2 or 3 turns after that, after firing their team-up power (Bullseye's "Deadly Precision"), the AI somehow was able to fire Jugg's "Unstoppable Crash" as well.

So either it gained a green AP anyhow, or it was able to fire said power for reduced cost. Both of which shouldnt be possible.

/edit: just to clarify, Rogue's passive had *not* triggered yet, meaning it was still in 'deny' mode
    I'm guessing Hood stole a green.
  • DeNappa
    Well, seeing he was dead I don't think that was the case. :sweat_smile:
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Did the "Deadly Precision" team up cause a match-4 that gained a green in the row?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did the "Deadly Precision" team up cause a match-4 that gained a green in the row?
    This is probably it. The target of Power Siphon can still gain AP in that colour from methods other than matches in that colour. Row-clearing matches can still pick up (in this case) green if there are green tiles in the row that aren't part of the match.
  • DeNappa
    Oh, hadn't considered that possibility. Didn't really pay attention to the cascades, so this could very well have been the case.

Although I would have thought that match-4 and match-5 AP gain would also be prevented by Rogue, TIL I guess?
  • TPF Alexis
    DeNappa said:
    Oh, hadn't considered that possibility. Didn't really pay attention to the cascades, so this could very well have been the case.

Although I would have thought that match-4 and match-5 AP gain would also be prevented by Rogue, TIL I guess?
    Power Siphon specifies that it stops AP gain from "matches in this power's color". Says nothing about AP gain from matches in any other colour that also destroy tiles in the targeted colour.

Which brings to mind a question: Does Power Siphon stop all AP gain and damage from match-4s or greater in the targeted colour? If Juggy had made a green match-4 that also took out, say, two red and two yellow tiles in the same row, would he get the red and yellow AP? I've never paid enough attention to it in those situations.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hmm good question! As other players have mentioned, the extra Green AP was probably acquired from a Match-4 line clear, but I'll reach out to the developers to find out if that AP was supposed to be denied as well or not.
  • DeNappa
    Thanks, curious to know this as well.

Which brings to mind a question: Does Power Siphon stop all AP gain and damage from match-4s or greater in the targeted colour? If Juggy had made a green match-4 that also took out, say, two red and two yellow tiles in the same row, would he get the red and yellow AP? I've never paid enough attention to it in those situations.
    The wording is:
    Enemy matches in this ability's color generate no AP and deal no damage while friendly matches generate double AP and deal double damage.
    It depends if the line-clear is considered part of the match or not, I would guess. If so, then a match-4 in the targeted color should not generate any AP in any color.
  • TPF Alexis
    I don't think the Line clear is considered part of the match. For instance, The Resolute Queen doesn't trigger if special tiles are destroyed by a line clear, only if they're actually one of the tiles that formed the match itself. Similar story with trap tiles. So it probably does still allow damage and AP from the other tiles in the line.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I just heard back from the team, and it is in fact intended for AP to still be gained when tiles are destroyed by Match 4 or 5 line clears. In other words, only tiles involved in the actual match 3/4/5 itself will be denied the AP.