What color seems to elude you?

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Black. I never get boards where there's a lot of initial black. I always start matches with one or maybe two black tiles buried in some forsaken corner of the board. I know better than to choose a team that in any way relies on attaining black AP, or if I do I better be bringing along Cloak & Dagger or Iron Fist. Last night when doing my final clears of Venom Bomb with Spidey and Vulture, I couldn't buy a black tile. It was crazy. I'm sure there is code in the game that specifically denies Dormammu black-dominant boards. I mean, I never run Carol. It's pointless.

Is this confirmation bias? Of course it is. But then again, I never have any problems finding yellow...  :o

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    All of them (I am colorblind).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yellow, and I'm using IM40. It seems that whenever I go into an important fight, the board will start off with 2 or 3 yellow tiles scattered far away from each other. Examples of important fights are high level boss events, the last fight before I put up a shield in PvP, the 3rd clear of hard nodes with one or zero minions.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's usually the color I need most when I'm entering a fight where I'm attempting to punch above my weight class.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yellow, and I'm using IM40. It seems that whenever I go into an important fight, the board will start off with 2 or 3 yellow tiles scattered far away from each other. Examples of important fights are high level boss events, the last fight before I put up a shield in PvP, the 3rd clear of hard nodes with one or zero minions.
    Exactly.  Yellow when IM40, black when Vulture... Yes, truly random  o:)
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
     for some reason , everytime Im facing teen jean The starting board has a match 5 on it
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one I need.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    There's never more than three blue tiles when I start a match, I swear. Green, however, is everywhere.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Dormammu said:
    Black. I never get boards where there's a lot of initial black. I always start matches with one or maybe two black tiles buried in some forsaken corner of the board. I know better than to choose a team that in any way relies on attaining black AP, or if I do I better be bringing along Cloak & Dagger or Iron Fist. Last night when doing my final clears of Venom Bomb with Spidey and Vulture, I couldn't buy a black tile. It was crazy. I'm sure there is code in the game that specifically denies Dormammu black-dominant boards. I mean, I never run Carol. It's pointless.

Is this confirmation bias? Of course it is. But then again, I never have any problems finding yellow...  :o
    The only time I have trouble finding yellow is when I'm running IM40. Interestingly, I can usually find black for Carol, but it's often a real problem for Vulture. Oh, and green when I'm running Storm. That's often vanishingly rare.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I can also attest to there often being a lack of black tiles around when playing as Vulture.
  • feraldayor
    feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    evade420 said:
     for some reason , everytime Im facing teen jean The starting board has a match 5 on it
    This. Every time. 
  • Rogue4Lyfe
    Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    There are 2 things I want to make it clear:

1. Why is it called "Purple" when it's clearly Pink??
    2. Green and Team-Up: Seriously I need to use Kampala Khan or Thor frequently to get more Green and Ms.Marvel to get more Team-Up
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rogue4Lyfe said:
    1. Why is it called "Purple" when it's clearly Pink??

Why do you call it "pink" when it's clearly Purple?

I can play this game too...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I run a Falcon/Wasp team with the intention of flipping Falc's shields for strikes then I will always be able to get purple but not yellow or visa-versa.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    If I run a Falcon/Wasp team with the intention of flipping Falc's shields for strikes then I will always be able to get purple but not yellow or visa-versa.
    Ah yes the bird and the bee.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Purple when opening legendary tokens.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Purple when opening legendary tokens.
    At least that can't be confused for pink.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Finding boards that have usable colors isn't generally a problem. The problem is that the AI usually plays a strategy of creating cascades which generate about a half-dozen AP in every color while simultaneously eliminating all the matches I was planning to make on my next turn.