It's Friday before a US Holiday, what could possibly go wrong?

Options
CaptainFreaky
CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
Given that it's about to be a 3-day weekend here in the US, what are the odds that Demi/D3 announces some new feature/nerf/something that breaks the game later today?

At least we don't have a new Boss Battle that's messed up so that's something.

Anyway, feel free to meme or comment away  :D

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think our worst case scenario is finding out what the next events are in-game before a forum update is posted. Or we could get an update today and it'll be no big deal. The devs have gotten pretty good at posting updates and changes at the first of the week and getting away from the "dump and disappear" of Friday afternoon updates.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm hoping they announce spider-man vs sinister six for  the Iron spider release
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nothing really since they did not announce any new content or event. It's not a character release either. Regular PVE & PVP events.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I kinda hope they do drop some sort of bomb. It's been a while since these forums went completely bonkers; that's always fun to watch.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I kinda hope they do drop some sort of bomb. It's been a while since these forums went completely bonkers; that's always fun to watch.
    Switching all purple ISO awards to red iSO?  :D;):p
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Normally they will announce that they will be away during holiday and Brigby would say he will try to check the forum as frequent as possible to make sure things are all right.

Announcements are usually made on Mondays or Tuesdays and implementations are made on Wednesdays (sometimes) or mostly on Thursdays.

The only thing special happening next week is the release of Iron-Spidey and maybe new supports for Spider-Verse.

Usually, they will tie in something special and big for the anniversary of MPQ (3rd October).
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To be fair to the OP, when it comes to the news cycle, Friday is absolutely the day you release news you want to bury. Not saying it's going to happen, but it is a thing.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How about Iron Spider also being a 5*. That'd be fun
    I am almost rooting for this just for the chaos that would ensue, especially if that was the entire announcement with no word on if that means we are on a 5* every 2 weeks schedule from here on out, or if 6*s are coming.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How about Iron Spider also being a 5*. That'd be fun
    I am almost rooting for this just for the chaos that would ensue, especially if that was the entire announcement with no word on if that means we are on a 5* every 2 weeks schedule from here on out, or if 6*s are coming.

6*'s are already here. They are called Supports.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Turns out we just got a lackluster announcement about the next PvP season.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    Turns out we just got a lackluster announcement about the next PvP season.
    "Here;s the update. Sorry? Complaints, what? Can't hear you. We're on holiday BYYYEEEEE!!!"
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Expcept for that new 4* Iron Spider Man from IW? Zero.
    Better question is: What are the odds that Demi/D3 announces some new feature (not counring new characters and supports) this year? :D