Possible Venom Bomb Bug? [Solved]

Persephone
Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler

Could someone please tell me if this is a bug or not?  Thanks.  

Sorry but I don’t have any screen pictures to show. 

I didn’t notice this until I was clearing the nodes at the end of the final mission chapter of Venom Bomb.

Carnage had no Symbiote Scythes power in the Squirrel Girl essential node.  However, in the all-essentials node, Carnage had this power.  During the Squirrel Girl node when you look at Carnage and his teammates powers, where Symbiote Scythes power should be, it was blank.  He acted as if he only had two powers, Alien Instincts and Carnage Rules.  In the all-essentials node, you can see that he had all three powers and he did use them all.  

Is this supposed to be correct for the 3* essential node that Carnage has no Symbiote Scythes power?  

This seems wrong, but maybe I am not remembering Venom Bomb well.  I have only played this PVE twice before.  

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    It's not a bug, and it's definitely been the same way in the past few playthroughs.  Additionally, in the very first node, you'll note that Bullseye is missing his purple.

This was done by design a while back, but I don't remember why.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the info. I've only played MPQ for a year now.  I didn't have the 3* essential the last time Venom Bomb ran so I didn't experience this previously. 
    After fighting through Carnage's rage in final node battle and switching to Squirrel Girl node, it seemed so oddly easy to not deal with Carnage's red power.  I was sure it was a bug.  Glad it's not.  

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, Carnage and Venom were downgraded a while ago to make Venom Bomb easier to play. It wasn't fun when you kept eating high Power attack after high Power attack...
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the reason was that the passive AP gain from the symbiote caused Carnage to feed his red power every odd turn, exposing how broken passive AP generation is once more. Instead of tackling the real problem, they just scrapped Carnage's red covers from the node :sweat_smile: