Kiora's first ability freezes the game [Fixed in 3.0]

Options
DBJones
DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
Twice now I've used Crashing Waves, and it properly drains mana, but gives me nothing. It doesn't lower my loyalty, and I can open my hand but not move cards. I also can't swap gems, so I had to quit out. It was just Training Grounds, but it could be much worse, especially if the AI using it freezes the game too. I'll add that if I see it.

Edit: The AI can use it safely. Thank goodness, that would have been nasty. It still annoys me that Greg can use it and I can't though…

Edit 2: This isn't happening anymore, apparently it was just in the haunted extra Training Grounds that appears every once in awhile before swiftly vanishing without a word…

//Edited Title - Brigby

Comments

• klaussone
    klaussone Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    this still happens a lot in some events. happened to me every time within ixalan events blue. every time.
    my guess is that it works bad with hidden or special support cards featured in events.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm thinking it has something to do with self drain mana
    cards like grow from the ashes(maybe it has something
    to do with the fetch land part). playing as kiora on the
    cast land node in awr has cause freezes for me when
    I use kiora's first ability.

HH
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmm, it might have been when I was trying out my Elfhame Druid and Firecaller deck, which uses lots of self-drain. It's been awhile though so I'm not sure.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Oh thank god it's not just me. I thought I was going crazy. I can definitely confirm this. Lost 2 matches in AWR because of it. Confirmed the bug again in TG.

Node 1.2 to be specific. Maybe we can nail down a card(s) that might be causing it or something else. 
  • BlessedOne
    BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DBJones said:
    Hmm, it might have been when I was trying out my Elfhame Druid and Firecaller deck, which uses lots of self-drain. It's been awhile though so I'm not sure.
    This issue popped up yesterday.... first time I have encountered it.
    Opponent used Crashing Waves (Kiroa's first ability) while Elfhame Druid and Hallar, Firefletcher were on the board....game crash.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options

I reported this bug too almost a month ago. The devs didn't respond to it. Here's my original post:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75042/b4t-1-2-captain-lannery-storm-kioras-crashing-wave-freezes-the-board#latest

This caused me to lose two charges in a coalition event. I also noticed someone else reported this issue:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75142/kiora-1st-ability-freeze-investigating#latest

I'm glad it has the devs's attention now!

Thanks for reporting!

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The team has confirmed that this issue occurs when Kiora's Crashing Waves ability is used while Hallar, the Firefletcher is in play. If you all experience this issue without this card in play, could you let me know? 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Tombstone: I can confirm I was using Hallar when this freeze happened. Can you confirm this will be fixed?