PVE : What's Quicker than Gambit/Chavez?

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
Trying to find fastest PVE team of two (because the third will change continually).  Is it Gambit/Chavez?  Or does it involve 5* Thanos?  Curious what others think.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    thor chavez  because you get the benefit of the AP gen from thor's passive.  thor/chavez will reliably start putting out Crits a few turns quicker
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    I would say that Quicksilver/Sentry are the fastest characters in game well if you dont count time travelers or teleporters....oh you meen for node clearing, i use Grocket/Gamorra.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying to find fastest PVE team of two (because the third will change continually).  Is it Gambit/Chavez?  Or does it involve 5* Thanos?  Curious what others think.
    I'm not in that tier, but how about Thor/Thanos for the easy notes, and then switch out Thanos for America.  You have to get Thor's health down below 50% somehow, and that can take awhile unless you take advantage of Thanos hurting his own team.
  • ProtoformX
    ProtoformX Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    For the easy nodes, I try to go for a 1st turn kill with MEHulk, Thano5, 4R&G.  For hard nodes, HalfThor and America with crit and R+Y match boosts.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Gambit is definitely not the fastest.  Chavez and half health 5* Thor would be faster with Thanos or the boosted 5* if you have them champed.  That's probably not the fastest team in general, but it also depends on your roster, which SCL you play, and your desire to conserve health packs.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Gambit is slow and should not be run for speed.  Honestly at this point I only use Gambit for PvE and then only for Gambit mirror matches and/or Bolt matches.  Other than that he's slow and not fun IMO.

As noted Half-Thor/Chavez is what I run in PvE.  Usually my third for the non-required nodes is DD, especially when low health, but there's probably better options (not Gambit though, he'll add time).  If Thor dies I switch to Thor/Thanos until his health is back down.  Also Thanos should be used on all easy nodes.  Typically if my Thor has more than half health and/or my DD has at least enough health to survive court death I'll run them with Thanos to get them down to half, otherwise any old trash you don't care about loosing HP.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easy nodes:
    Thanos and Thanos Fodder. 

Harder nodes:
    Thanos, SL5*/Gam/Sl4*/Drax/Yondu, RG or
    Boosted 5* (this event PP), 1/2 Thor, AC

2-4E:
    Thanos and RG / boosted 5* 

5E:
    Thor 1/2 AC. 

A lot of this depends on who is in the nodes and their health.  
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Easy nodes:

Harder nodes:

2-4E:

5E:
    Thor 1/2 AC. 

What level is your 4* R&G?  I'm at 325, and it doesn't seem that fast paired with 5* SL.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are looking to save health packs fastest team is 1/2 health 5thor, AC, buffed 5*.  Although this venom bomb with PP buffed I have been using vulture as a third instead of AC and letting PP green just wreak the AI.  If you are good with sucking up Health packs 5* Thanos teams listed above would be good.

i will also say his if you have a buffed 5* championed them with America and 5 Thor can be close to as fast as Thanos teams 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was using boosted Yondu/4ocket/thano5 with pretty good results this event, but you'll need to burn some health on it across the event. Yondu has a very good true heal, but it takes a few turns to work. Unboosted, I use 5* Lord/Medusa/4ocket against tile movers, and I'll sometimes swap out Medusa for Strang3 (my 5trange is just 3/0/0) if it's all goon nodes. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    So would you run Thor + fodder with Thanos on the easy nodes to get Thor down to half-health so he's more effective on the harder nodes? 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    So would you run Thor + fodder with Thanos on the easy nodes to get Thor down to half-health so he's more effective on the harder nodes? 
    Exactly.  50% Thor / Boosted 5* / America is super fast.  And the boosted 5* tanks over Thor so you can keep him around the whole time.  Usually this team can run through the whole sub without using a single healthpack.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    370 r4g, 5* sl and thanos are fastest thing to run for at least 4 first clears of any 4-6 node. For final clears it depends - its either that or half thor ac and boosted champed 5*.
    Also when r4g is boosted it adds OVER 9000! Dmg to your match dmg, that's just crazy ;)
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    1/2 health Thor (I run thru a couple of simulator matches pre final clear to get his health down) and Chavez. 

My problem is that Thor tanks even over most of the selected essential 5s. So only Archangel and Gambit gives me a fodder character with two different dominate colors.. I desperately need a purple/black/blue user 5 champ...and the one only that uses that combo is Banner lol. He's my dream future feedie being at 3/4/5.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    1/2 health Thor (I run thru a couple of simulator matches pre final clear to get his health down) and Chavez. 

My problem is that Thor tanks even over most of the selected essential 5s. So only Archangel and Gambit gives me a fodder character with two different dominate colors.. I desperately need a purple/black/blue user 5 champ...and the one only that uses that combo is Banner lol. He's my dream future feedie being at 3/4/5.

Ghost Rider? He should be able to tank green and red for Thor if they are at a similar level.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Bulls said:
    370 r4g, 5* sl and thanos are fastest thing to run for at least 4 first clears of any 4-6 node. For final clears it depends - its either that or half thor ac and boosted champed 5*.
    Also when r4g is boosted it adds OVER 9000! Dmg to your match dmg, that's just crazy ;)
    You walked into this one buddy :smiley: :

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    gravel said:
    Easy nodes:

Harder nodes:

2-4E:

5E:
    Thor 1/2 AC. 

What level is your 4* R&G?  I'm at 325, and it doesn't seem that fast paired with 5* SL.
    370 on one RG. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    For time: Probably Thor/Chavez
    For number of rounds: Hawkeye/Gambit.  Never makes it past round 6, though it takes forever for all the countdown tiles and powers to execute, even with animations turned off.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    I agree with much of the above, but running this 5E with Okoye, Thor and PP. I think this will depend on the featured but Okoye with PP green and a bunch of web tiles is brilliant
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're in my bracket, I strongly suggest using Yelena / Bagman.