Why I always see 1 point reward in PVP?

lieuhung
lieuhung Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
Well, after I climb to top rank, I always see 1 point reward team, even after 20 times skip and many same teams are backed after skip too. It makes me bored and just exit game. Please fix this problem ASAP. We need to see every team out there.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The reason you see 1 point teams is because you have way more points than they do.

What SCL are you in? The higher up you're playing, the more likely "top rank" means "nobody's close to me in points."
  • lieuhung
    There are some ppl in my ranked, without shield but I couldn't fight them.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Do you have any 5*s champed?
  • lieuhung
    edited May 2018
    yes, my thor and gambit. Is that a problem?
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Climb later, there will be more teams available.

On the minus side they will be climbing too so expect a few more hits....
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    lieuhung said:
     We need to see every team out there.
    You really don't want this.  Even in S2 - the least populated slice, there are probably over a dozen brackets with 500 people in each, that's 6,000 people.  You WANT MMR hiding most of those targets from you, otherwise you are skipping 1 pt targets for days just to find something valuable.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I've never paid close enough attention to notice this, so if you are in the top 20 place, will the other top 20 players show up in your queue?  I could see this as both a good and bad thing.  It would be nice to battle your closest points rivals, but just because they have a similar score to you does not necessarily mean they have a similar roster.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I've never paid close enough attention to notice this, so if you are in the top 20 place, will the other top 20 players show up in your queue?  I could see this as both a good and bad thing.  It would be nice to battle your closest points rivals, but just because they have a similar score to you does not necessarily mean they have a similar roster.
    It’s a mixture of roster strength and points proximity.

normally you see the closest people to you with a similar roster, but it doesn’t always hold, and you see stronger/weaker ones if they are closer.

Its just something you get a feel for the more you play PvP I think.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    LOL,  you just noticed this now?  This is sorta the fundamental issues that has plagued the game from the very first day your roster got good enough to see the pvp tab.

Everything, and I mean everything.  Shield hopping, coordination, grills, trap cakes, drop cakes.  Freezeout, Sniping.

Every mechanic/ tactic developed by players in the game is based on how the match making balances score vs roster.  People think the game is based on Whales and seals.

The truth is the real divide is between the informed and the uniformed.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Value of the win is determined by the difference between your score and theirs. I think a tied score gives you 35 points or so, and the max is 75.

Normally, the game tries to show you targets that are within a certain range of you and within your roster-based MMR. Once you hit a point where there aren't enough available, though - which you will if you're climbing to the #1 spot - the game just says "screw it" and shows you basically everything, resulting in a flood of <10 point targets.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    Value of the win is determined by the difference between your score and theirs. I think a tied score gives you 35 points or so, and the max is 75.

Normally, the game tries to show you targets that are within a certain range of you and within your roster-based MMR. Once you hit a point where there aren't enough available, though - which you will if you're climbing to the #1 spot - the game just says "screw it" and shows you basically everything, resulting in a flood of <10 point targets.

38 Points is the breakeven Point. Max is 75, minimum is 1, 38 is the average.