2 Angels Together

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
I wasn't even sure this was a bug, but I can team both 3-star and 5-star Angels on the same team; this shouldn't be possible as they are both 'Warren Worthington'. At first I thought maybe it was because the 3-star version is the one Beast brought into the present from the past and the two could conceivably team-up. But Teen Jean can't be paired with Phoenix? 

Comments

• spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Just came here to pay the same thing.  I saw this in pvp. 

You can't team hulk and Cho  together,  who are two entirely different people. But you can team 2 versions of the same exact person? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Because that's how Marvel wants it, apparently.

As I understand it the devs planned to have the two Angels be mutually exclusive and then Marvel said "no, you should be able to play them together." Why they didn't say that about the Jeans, Hulks and Thors I do not know.

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    And don't forget when you get to fight all the Wolverines and/or both Deadpools in that one wave node (it escapes me at the moment which event it was.  Might have even been a DDQ...)

The CPU has no restrictions on who can be on the same team, only we do.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    abmoraz said:
    And don't forget when you get to fight all the Wolverines and/or both Deadpools in that one wave node (it escapes me at the moment which event it was.  Might have even been a DDQ...)

Once upon a time, Story Simulator had a mission with all three Wolverines, and another with all three Black Widows. This was quite a while back, possibly within the first year of the game, or not long past that. I remembered thinking “I cannot let Patch use Best There Is no matter what. Every tile will count toward damage.” It may even have been the same Simulator with Nick Fury being fed free purple from a minion and absolutely annihilating me with Escape Plan every few turns. Memories.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gauntlets also has nodes with multiple variants.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I remember one node in Simulator (maybe) where the opposing team was Three D3adpools. That was annoying.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,219 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    abmoraz said:

Once upon a time, Story Simulator had a mission with all three Wolverines, and another with all three Black Widows. This was quite a while back, possibly within the first year of the game, or not long past that. I remembered thinking “I cannot let Patch use Best There Is no matter what. Every tile will count toward damage.” It may even have been the same Simulator with Nick Fury being fed free purple from a minion and absolutely annihilating me with Escape Plan every few turns. Memories.
    Also once upon a time, you were locked out of using the same characters at the computer.  It made Simulator and DvMPQ a pain.  I think only Enemy of the State still has that restriction during the first few days when the storyline has Wolvie running with the Hand.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    abmoraz said:

Also once upon a time, you were locked out of using the same characters at the computer.  It made Simulator and DvMPQ a pain.  I think only Enemy of the State still has that restriction during the first few days when the storyline has Wolvie running with the Hand.
    Yep, that restriction went on for a while. Nick Fury might also still be locked out when the sub involves rescuing him. And then there were the Heroics, where it wasn’t just a character being unavailable on a mission, but the majority of the roster locked out, with only the current boosted and a few “reinforcements” available. I despised most Heroic stories because of that.
    Off-topic posts have gone off-topic. Yeah, if Angel and Archangel can be paired, then Phoenix and Teen Jean, Old Man Logan and other Wolverines, Cho and Banner, and Thoress and GladiaThor should be pairable (though that last would probably be difficult to code).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

As I understand it the devs planned to have the two Angels be mutually exclusive and then Marvel said "no, you should be able to play them together."

That's interesting. Just out of curiosity, where did you learn this?
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Quebbster said:

As I understand it the devs planned to have the two Angels be mutually exclusive and then Marvel said "no, you should be able to play them together."

I think he was taking @Punisher5784 satire posts about Demiurge's board meetings as canonical truths :)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,219 Chairperson of the Boards
    abmoraz said:
    Dormammu said:
    Quebbster said:

I think he was taking @Punisher5784 satire posts about Demiurge's board meetings as canonical truths :)
    Either that, or it's like everything else... The devs said it on Discord...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    abmoraz said:
    Dormammu said:
    Quebbster said:

hahaha.. some players actually do believe my posts as if they're true (even though it sounds like it sometimes).

I'll have another one soon. Just waiting for these 2-warnings points to expire :D

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    I've seen the two of them chatting together in the comics, so maybe it was intentional.   The younger one got his fire wings almost entirely to prove he'd never become the older one.  I'd say that, per the original post, it's Jean and her other self that are bugged.