Marvel Insider for people outside the US?

Options
Chrynos1989
Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
Will there be a Marvel Inside program for people outside the US or do I have bad luck as an european player?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm wondering about that too. To sign up for an account, you have to agree to this:

OPEN TO U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY.
    By joining, I affirm that I am a US resident, I have read and agree to the Marvel Insider Loyalty Rewards Program Terms of Use and the Marvel.com Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
    It's a condition set by Marvel, so I'm not sure what kind of negotiating power Demiurge or D3 Go! has. 
  • Thinktwice
    Thinktwice Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I am outside of the US, had no problems receiving 8500 hero coins from their reward program
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    GENERAL PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
    Eligibility; Restrictions.Membership in, and use of, the Program is limited to persons who are legal residents of all forty-eight (48) continental United States, Alaska, and Hawaii (collectively, the “Territory”), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and who have a valid email address on file. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of Marvel, The Walt Disney Company, and their affiliates are eligible to participate in the Program but may be prohibited from redeeming certain Rewards (defined below).

This is their eligibility criteria. So, I assume one of the condition is true for you even though you are not in the US?

• LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    I read this somewhere around the forums here, they said that you can use Insider even outside of US if it's only for digital goods. No physical rewards are available to you. I myself live in Eastern Europe and I was able to register at the Insider, I now have 58 thousand points, working towards the HP offer
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wish I could register for this :-(
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Posters say "Yes you can"
    Posters also proceed to not explain how.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Click sign up, enter email, done. That's all there is to it really.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    If you are not an US resident and yet you sign up for an account, then isn't that a breach of Terms of Use?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you are not an US resident and yet you sign up for an account, then isn't that a breach of Terms of Use?
    and?
    Marvel will find out and sue you?
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Or take your dev duties away?
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,563 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I read this somewhere around the forums here, they said that you can use Insider even outside of US if it's only for digital goods. No physical rewards are available to you. I myself live in Eastern Europe and I was able to register at the Insider, I now have 58 thousand points, working towards the HP offer
    Indeed, anyone can sign up and you don't have to provide a US address. I'm based in the UK and have gotten digital rewards for a good year now and still no visit from the Feds... or Stan Lee
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    KenshinUK said:

When I do that it tells me I can't because I'm ineligable.

Do I need to change a setting in my account to say I'm living in the US?
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Odd.

I don't remember what is required exactly when signing up but I just checked and I used a .co.uk email account so there goes the theory of it being your email that's kicking up a fuss. I don't have any physical address added to the account, which is possible, though I can't see this being something you would do until after having created said account.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The website has never given me the option to sign up for Marvel Insider,  probably because I gave my billing address when signing up for Marvel Unlimited.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,563 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KenshinUK said:

When I do that it tells me I can't because I'm ineligable.

Do I need to change a setting in my account to say I'm living in the US?

Do you try to sign in with a Google or Facebook account? If so, they probably let Marvel Insider know where you are living.

I always sign in with my User name and don't have any issues... unless I use Firefox... Insider does not like Firefox!

• Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Nope, signed in with my username.

Just checked my account settings and my postcode and location are British. It won't let me change to American without a full address.

Meh, I'll just go on without. Don't wanna get nailed for fraud or something. If Marvel doesn't want to reward me, I'm not going to jump through hoops for them.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, there is a huge difference between a program being available in your region, and it being possible to bypass a form of geo-blocking.

Just because you might be able to violate the ToS for the program and sign up now is no guarantee that your account will be available long enough to redeem anything: will you be cut off as soon as you want to use your Marvel account to do anything that attaches your real address to your profile?

I'd prefer not to invest time into scheme with that kind of uncertainty.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    Indeed, anyone can sign up and you don't have to provide a US address. I'm based in the UK and have gotten digital rewards for a good year now and still no visit from the Feds... or Stan Lee
    I'd actually quite like a visit from Stan Lee :lol:

EXCELSIOR!