At least one player has a level 462 Okoye

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
An Alliance mate ran across someone in PvP fielding a level 462 Okoye.

How many pulls would you have to make/how much CP spent on her vault to get a champion Okoye? I'm assuming the 12 champion levels are due to extra covers and additional pulls until they'd fully covered her, so it's not just pulling until you have 13 of her covers, they had to pull until they had 25 of her covers.

If the law averages hold out, you'll get 1 five-star cover per 7 pulls. On average, of course. But that five-star cover has only a 1 in 3 chance of being an Okoye cover. So, assuming the law of averages pans out and every 3rd five-star cover is an Okoye, that means you get 1 Okoye for every 21 pulls. On average, of course.

So to get 25 Okoye covers, you would need to make approx. 21 x 25 or 525 pulls, which at 25CP per pull comes out to 13,125 CP. Dang.

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    13k+ CP is not uncommon. Many players have far more than that.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Impressive. Want to hit it for the experience. 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Hendross said:
    I'm sitting on 490 pulls (69 LLT + 10525 CP), I'll have my Okoye (JJ and Capt. Beard) in 2 weeks.  Which reminds me to start a thread to ask when she'll be in latest.
    Well if you don't start it some one will lol.
    Nice hoard ! CAP , JJ,  Okoye seems like a pretty good time to pull
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    She should be in the store 4th of June, Monday. There's always at least a two weeks wait before they are made available.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Could be a lot less pulls depending on the person, and not just because they happened to get a lot of okoye and no BP/SMPP. If you have 550 5*s any pulls for them can be exchanged for whoever you want. 

Then again, it took me 111 pulls to get 14 covers for Cap when he entered tokens a few weeks ago. 
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    RNG is alwats stingy with me,, last time 54 oulls for only 1 Hawkeye.....so pulling 25 okaye has been a very lucky pull
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I have a level 462 gambit and it took me 275-300 pulls. 0 cp, all were from latest tokens
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    I’ve not tried it myself as I’m only just into 5* land but surely they only need to get 1 cover on each colour then they can add a level for 720 CP each ?

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve not tried it myself as I’m only just into 5* land but surely they only need to get 1 cover on each colour then they can add a level for 720 CP each ?

Not worth it. 720 CP buys 28 pulls from the token store, out of those 28 pulls you should statistically get four fivestar covers. As long as Customer Service swaps Latest fivestars and new releases there is very little reason to go with the 720 CP option. Not to mention it would require even more CP than was mentioned above.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I spent 4k cp and got 13 Okoye, 10 PP and 7 BP. I pulled at 18.75% so that helped.
  • Clamps2
    Clamps2 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    There are mega-whales that spend large amounts of money on this game keeping the resource costs absurdly high?  Say it isn't so!
    And on a completely unrelated note... have you met our new friends the supports?

(To be fair, a level 462 really just sounds like your standard, regular, run-of the mill whale.  Or maybe even a hoarder who thought that Okoye was the way to go for some reason.  And did you even factor in bonus pulls?)
  • Eveofdes
    Eveofdes Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    What 5* will the devs trade you for? Is it the 3 in the LL vault only, or only the latest 5* that came out? 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Eveofdes said:
    What 5* will the devs trade you for? Is it the 3 in the LL vault only, or only the latest 5* that came out? 
    3 in latest plus okoye 
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    -2 if they got full progression personal and event. :):):)
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Are you sure it was level 462. Remember that Okoye is boosted so that level might of been way lower. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't play much these days, but I'm slowly building up my hoard of LTs. When it hits around 400 or more, I will break them open to get champion versions of the current 3 latest 5*s at the time. Then, if I'm l lucky, someone will make a post complaining about how could I have done that!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please keep all comments on the original topic of what is required to acquire a level 462 Okoye at this point in time. Thank you!
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Clamps2 said:
    There are mega-whales that spend large amounts of money on this game keeping the resource costs absurdly high?  Say it isn't so!
    And on a completely unrelated note... have you met our new friends the supports?

(To be fair, a level 462 really just sounds like your standard, regular, run-of the mill whale.  Or maybe even a hoarder who thought that Okoye was the way to go for some reason.  And did you even factor in bonus pulls?)
    I don't believe you can set Okoye as the 5* favorite/BH if she's not yet in latest.

They were either a hoarder, or a whale. Either way I'm in awe that someone could save up that much CP to make that many pulls. That's A LOT of CP. 

@Shintok17 made a good point, too. With Okoye being boosted, this may be a moot point, it's possible Okoye wasn't actually 462 and that that was her boosted level.