Heroes for Hire Offer

captainheath
captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
I've had the HfH offer when a 4 is dying on the vine a number of times.  Every time I can think of I had someone at 5/5/2 and got the offer.  Does it still pop up if you have 4/5/3?  I have an American Chavez yellow with 5 days left until expiration.

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I’ve taken advantage of same offer twice, both times were 5/5/2 ans 2/5/5 and the offer came around 5days before cover on the vine expired. Not aware of other configuration triggering the HfH offer. 
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I had a 5/4/3 Nico H4H offer a few days ago. I did it because I'd already sold 4 or 5 blue covers and had another on the vine. 

Also in the previous week, I didn't get the offer for a 4/5/3 Drax with one on the vine. That would have expired about 2 weeks before the spare Nico. Assumed it was just timing. 
  • Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Got the offer for a 3/4/5 Valkyrie with six yellow covers dying on the vine.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I had the offer when yondu was 5/2/5 with 5 dying on the vine .
    And I was happy to buy it!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have only gotten it for 3/4/5 builds. I think it has mostly been recent releases though.
  • captainheath
    Awesome.  Thanks for the input.
  • Bleh5
    Are these offers now gone with the saved cover feature active?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bleh5 said:
    I'm not sure.  I've got an extra purple cover for my 5/2/5 Jean Grey sitting in my queue for 6 days so far (so received after saved covers were a thing).  No offer has shown up so far, but I've got 8 more days before I have to save it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of the program, since it would no longer encourage me to spend iso immediately: if I was offered a blue cover, I could save the purple then apply the bought blue cover and have no need to champ the character immediately.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    Bleh5 said:
    I'm not sure.  I've got an extra purple cover for my 5/2/5 Jean Grey sitting in my queue for 6 days so far (so received after saved covers were a thing).  No offer has shown up so far, but I've got 8 more days before I have to save it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of the program, since it would no longer encourage me to spend iso immediately: if I was offered a blue cover, I could save the purple then apply the bought blue cover and have no need to champ the character immediately.
    Didn't Brigby say there would be no changes to HfH?

Also, in my experience, HfH tended to trigger around 2-4 days before cover expiration. I hope you see one soon. :)
  • jamesh
    justsing said:
    jamesh said:
    Bleh5 said:

Also, in my experience, HfH tended to trigger around 2-4 days before cover expiration. I hope you see one soon. :)
    He did say that, so this is "trust but verify".  The Jean Grey cover came from an Angel champ reward, so I purposely delayed applying the Angel cover until after the saved cover update to test this.

I won't be particularly put out if the offer doesn't come, since the economics seem quite different now.
  • captainheath
    I used the offer a handful of times, including for Chavez as originally posted.  It seems to come up when there are only 5 days or so left.  

Now with saved covers, I don't know that I would use it as much.  Maybe if it was for someone really good, otherwise probably not.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got an offer for a 0/5/5 Nightcrawler for a purple cover (with a red on the vine which I was able to bank) I think after the Cover Save option went live but it could have been just before.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    justsing said:
    jamesh said:
    Bleh5 said:

He did say that, so this is "trust but verify".  The Jean Grey cover came from an Angel champ reward, so I purposely delayed applying the Angel cover until after the saved cover update to test this.

I won't be particularly put out if the offer doesn't come, since the economics seem quite different now.
    I’m not sure they trigger off of champ rewards, could be wrong though.
  • Bleh5
    I got the offer. 

I have a 4/3/5 Shuri with an extra red in queue asking to be saved. The red cover is from a bonus hero. I have 13d8hr left on the Shuri cover and now, I see a HfH offer for a green Shuri (2d17hr left). Glad I didn't save the cover immediately. 
  • jamesh
    I never got an offer for my 5/2/5 Jean Grey: ended up saving the purple cover with hours to spare.

Maybe it was due to the cover coming from 3* champion rewards, but I'd never seen anything to indicate that affected things previously.  I guess I can spend the iso I was saving on one of my other characters instead.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    I never got an offer for my 5/2/5 Jean Grey: ended up saving the purple cover with hours to spare.

Maybe it was due to the cover coming from 3* champion rewards, but I'd never seen anything to indicate that affected things previously.  I guess I can spend the iso I was saving on one of my other characters instead.
    I’ve never had a HFH reward trigger off of a champion reward before or after the cover save was implemented.