CS one time exception

Options
13»

Comments

• Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Zero - never asked
    I think their answer could be "The decision were made on a case-by-case basis." If you were to press them on the criteria that they use to decide who gets the swap, I doubt they'll give you an exact answer, and would probably give you a vague answer.
    There’s absolutely 0 rhyme or reason to it though most will agree spending is the best way to tilt the odds to your favor, but even then, there’s definitely no hard and fast rules or amounts to fall back on.
    Maybe it all comes down to the person reviewing your case. Word is that CS_Bob has been warned for being too loose at enforcing the rules.

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Zero - rejected
    Pulled two duplicate yellow covers for my 4/5/1 Black Panther from Family Legends Store which I would have swapped for two red covers. But they´ve rejected my plea. I´ve accepted that my now 5/5/1 Panther will probably never be a champion.  :'(
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Zero - rejected
    My three duplicate yellow Thor covers were my rejection (and great sadness) 
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Zero - rejected
    The point is, each five star cover represents a certain amount of playing time or money invested in the game. Every time we have to sell one of these covers, it means that we have wasted our time or money playing the game. Many are leaving and this is part of the reason. There are several other reasons. It's irritating that some players get this benefit from customer service while others are wasting their time. Please fix this flaw in the game. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zero - rejected
    Requested one last month when xfw champion rewards were retro rewarded leaving me with a dupe cover and 1 short of complete oml. Got denided and I bought the last cover at 720cp as a last resort. Bad use of cp, but I figured it would be several months away before oml gets offered again as hfh or if I were to get 13 more xfw covers. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Zero - rejected
    Only asked once and it was denied.

For the record my swap request was for 5* BP swap when I got an unuable from either special store or BH, can't remember which anymore.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Zero - never asked
    I currently have an open request to swap a Robbie, once I get a response I'm going to ask them to throw in a Gambit swap as well. I'm not expecting to get it, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I strongly suspect that while it can be a bit random or at the whim of the individual/moment, that there is a tie to money.  I have gotten 2 "one-time" non-latest swaps.

The first was quite a while ago and was for Phoenix.  At this time I had no 5 star champions and she was close, but I had 5 covers in some color and got a sixth.  I had heard about the "one-time" swap through the grapevine and gave it a shot.  I figured that was a legit deal and everyone could get it, but I recall now that was probably in the period of time were I would still occasionally buy hero points (maybe 2 years ago? I can't remember the timeline on 5 stars).

The second time was recently, maybe 2-3 months ago. I think at the time there was about 57-60 possible covers to get in the classics store and there were only 2 that would be duplicates for me (due to 5 covers already in that hero/color).  Despite that I got 4 5 star covers in a row that were unusable duplicates. I was pretty angry and demoralized, so I figured I would at least _try_ making a case to CS that I should get a swap because of how awful that string of pulls was (I'm aware others have probably had even worse luck), but I was fully expecting to get rejected.  To my surprise it was accepted and I was given the same line about it being a one-time exception. At the time I thought possibly this one-time exception doesn't stay tracked forever as the last had been quite a while ago, or that maybe they did take my bad luck into consideration and the "one-time" was just a stock phrase.

However after hearing about others had been rejected for this swap even the very first time asked, and knowing in at least one case that it was a someone who spent very little or maybe even 0 on the game it got me thinking and realized in addition to be being a casual spender when I got the first, that I had also spent around the time of the second as I had been buying some of the one-time clearance level HfH deals as these were new additions that I wanted to support as being positive for progressing players.  It definitely made me think that even though I am not remotely a whale, because I was giving the game money, I was getting 2 exceptions while others got zero.  But maybe some who spend have also been rejected first try?  It's only a suspicion because I don't have a lot of data points.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Zero - rejected
    I've had rejections, from pulling classic characters from the tokens I've won in the Boss Events (i.e. the limited new release tokens with two old 5* packaged in). Most recently, I pulled a black cover 5* Black Panther, but was told the despite it being one I won, and it being useless for me, I couldn't change to another 5* Black Panther, which was very sad. 

I also once pulled a 15th 5* Starlord back when he was in Latest and asked to swap it to (I think) Daredevil, as he was not maxed, but alas, as I could use it I couldn't swap it.

I really don't know why there can't just be a token swap for 5* - you sell one, you get to pull from a 5* only pack (either classics for classic 5* sold or latest of latest 5* sold). No-one would be unhappy about this, and set it for no BH, so you can get what you get. I'm sure it could be abused in someway, but it would completely remove all of this thread, and a chunk of CS's work.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Zero - never asked
    Doc L said:
    I've had rejections, from pulling classic characters from the tokens I've won in the Boss Events (i.e. the limited new release tokens with two old 5* packaged in). Most recently, I pulled a black cover 5* Black Panther, but was told the despite it being one I won, and it being useless for me, I couldn't change to another 5* Black Panther, which was very sad. 

I also once pulled a 15th 5* Starlord back when he was in Latest and asked to swap it to (I think) Daredevil, as he was not maxed, but alas, as I could use it I couldn't swap it.

I really don't know why there can't just be a token swap for 5* - you sell one, you get to pull from a 5* only pack (either classics for classic 5* sold or latest of latest 5* sold). No-one would be unhappy about this, and set it for no BH, so you can get what you get. I'm sure it could be abused in someway, but it would completely remove all of this thread, and a chunk of CS's work.
    To my knowledge, they have never done swaps for different characters, only given different colors of the same character. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Doc L said:

To my knowledge, they have never done swaps for different characters, only given different colors of the same character. 
    If you have a 550 latest 5* and pull a dupe, cs will swap for a different 5* entirely.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Zero - rejected
    I've tried and been denied several times, but in hindsight, I'm glad that they didn't do the swap if it truly is a "one time exception." I'd like to think someone at D3 is looking out for me, waiting for me to make the request that truly justifies it! My first request was when I requested a refund for 20 CP when I accidentally bought a 3* Thor cover. I'm glad that prayer was left unanswered! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GuA5PZx3K4