Boss Events’ boosted 2’s - No more Ares (or Moonstone), please

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
Most boss events have boost lists that include a lot of multi-tier characters.  This is good for allowing greater access to nodes for a wide variety of rosters and allows people to bring along higher tier characters for higher scaled enemies.  Ex:  Galactus’s current boost list has Thor, Black Widow, Wolverine, and Hawkeye, which all include versions in the 2, 3 and 5 tier, and some 4’s as well.

In the 2* tier, there are two characters that are not in any other tier:  Moonstone and Ares.  I am not sure that any boss event has used Moonstone as part of the boosted/essential list, but at least one uses Ares.

My request/suggestion is that neither one of these be used in future events.  Anyone with an advanced roster starts seeing some high level enemies (this isn’t another complaint about the scaling) but is forced to fill a slot with a 2*.  

It would feel a lot more fair if we could at least bring a 3* along when facing 400+ level enemies.  It’s not fun to be forced to use a 2* character in this situation (which I assume is why in the normal PVE, the 2E node caps out at a low level for the enemies).

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed.  Early on, I can run with 2* Hawkeye if I want.  Later on, I gotta use 3*, 5*... You get the point.

In late levels, enemies are so strong, a 2* doesn't belong.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted Ares can bring the thunder a lot harder than most 3-stars.

Just sayin'.
  • PiMacleod
    Yeah, and die a lot faster than most 3*s too, due to his lesser amount of HP.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If a player has a bunch of 3-stars to use instead, why would they care who is boosted from the 2-star tier?
  • PiMacleod
    As the OP stated, its about when a boss requires you to use a 2* for a node.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Instead of removing 2* node, Why not boost the 2* till level 350-450? Removing the 2* node means they have to redo all the points allocation and UI for most or all boss events.
  • PiMacleod
    That would work too.  Boost it up more.  Basically, requiring us to use a character who's way underpowered for the 6th and up stages of a boss is ridiculous.  Sure, its possible... But its also possible to win with BagMan.  Does that mean that we wanna do it?  No.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    PiMacleod said:
    That would work too.  Boost it up more.  Basically, requiring us to use a character who's way underpowered for the 6th and up stages of a boss is ridiculous.  Sure, its possible... But its also possible to win with BagMan.  Does that mean that we wanna do it?  No.
    After hitting full progression (both personal, and Alliance), on a whim I took on Galactus with a 2* and two 3*s, specifically, 2* Black Widow, 3* Hawkeye, and Mystique (for giggles). It was a slow fight but Galactus stood almost no chance against this team.

The sidenodes, on the other hand, were approaching murder node status, and they gave me considerably more trouble than Galactus. I'd have hated to be a lower level player trying desperately to reach full progression at that stage before the event ended. And once upon a time, I was.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares in particular is bad for this because his powers do nothing but damage, which scales quite poorly for champed 2*s. OBW you could, for instance, use anyways just for the AP steal. Even Moonstone can steal enemy (highly-scaled) Attack, Protect, and Strike tiles, which could be worth the 8 Black AP or whatever. Plus her health is pretty (insanely) high for a 2*
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, obviously this suggestion was not implemented, unfortunately.
  • PiMacleod
    Nope.  Not one bit.  I think it'd be nice to at least hear a logical explanation as to why 2* characters are required at 6th level and higher boss stages.  Not an assumption, or a theory... the actual reason. 

Why?  Because I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd like to know how and why the devs think it's normal or feasible for a player to do that regularly.  It's not like Ares and Moonstone are built for that stuff.  Nor are any other 2* characters, really... well, unless they are supporting an actual character that can get the job done.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    At the very least, don't put them on Wave Nodes. I can handle 2 on 3. 2 on 6 is just awful.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, that was really painful.