Devs - please stop releasing new heroes so fast...

Options
2»

Comments

• 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Quebbster said:

Once you get over the hump of champing fourstars it's surprisingly easy to keep the release pace, but to get there you need to grind a lot... And then you are used to it and keep it up out of habit.

Agree! At the beginning you need to decide what you want to keep or sell. Then, with the roster increasing and improving you produce so much HP that you can keep everything and also have HP for buying packs/deals/covers.
    Just be patient and follow your own pace and not the one of the releases.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Put simply, new-release 4-star and 5-star characters are shiny baubles for the whales to fight over, nothing more. They're not intended to be usable in the general metagame for at least six months after their release, once the majority of the userbase has had a chance to roster and use them.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZeroKarma said:
    Shintok17 said:
    A lot of people has the misconception that you have to roster every character and champ them. That will never happen. Look at the people that have been playing this game for years and I bet you unless they are a massive whale they have not champed every 4* and 5*. Definitely max champ everything. The aggressive release schedule, dilution of 4*'s and 5*'s in the stores, and ISO-8 deficit all come together to impede you from maxing out every character. The point for the Devs is for people to spend money on the new characters or on resources to scramble to get the covers and level them fast enough to keep up. I know its annoying, but it's something that has been happening for years and I doubt it will change.
    To clarify my statement, I have almost all of the 5* champed and have all of the 4* champed except recent releases. I have been able to keep up with the 5* rotation without hoarding for the most part and spending on a Stark a month thereabouts. I'm not even close to a massive whale. The massive whales of whom you speak are focused on getting the 5's at 550. 

In my opinion, 5* characters should be achievable by a healthy segment of the playerbase. When I say most won't be able to cover them at an increased release rate I mean that we would be coming to the point where spending money to get characters won't be enough. It needs to be a huge investment. Similar to trying to get a 5* support out of a vault and maxing it with red iso. 
    $1200 or so  a year is pretty significant. I've been playing this game almost since the beginning, I've put in well under half that amount. I have 15 5* champed and all but 7 4*s champed. The most I buy on the reg is VIP with an occasional Stark during Amazon coin deals.

FTP is doable as long as you pick and choose your targets. I can't see how you could ever get everyone champed and FTP.
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    madsalad said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    Shintok17 said:
    A lot of people has the misconception that you have to roster every character and champ them. That will never happen. Look at the people that have been playing this game for years and I bet you unless they are a massive whale they have not champed every 4* and 5*. Definitely max champ everything. The aggressive release schedule, dilution of 4*'s and 5*'s in the stores, and ISO-8 deficit all come together to impede you from maxing out every character. The point for the Devs is for people to spend money on the new characters or on resources to scramble to get the covers and level them fast enough to keep up. I know its annoying, but it's something that has been happening for years and I doubt it will change.
    To clarify my statement, I have almost all of the 5* champed and have all of the 4* champed except recent releases. I have been able to keep up with the 5* rotation without hoarding for the most part and spending on a Stark a month thereabouts. I'm not even close to a massive whale. The massive whales of whom you speak are focused on getting the 5's at 550. 

In my opinion, 5* characters should be achievable by a healthy segment of the playerbase. When I say most won't be able to cover them at an increased release rate I mean that we would be coming to the point where spending money to get characters won't be enough. It needs to be a huge investment. Similar to trying to get a 5* support out of a vault and maxing it with red iso. 
    $1200 or so  a year is pretty significant. I've been playing this game almost since the beginning, I've put in well under half that amount. I have 15 5* champed and all but 7 4*s champed. The most I buy on the reg is VIP with an occasional Stark during Amazon coin deals.

FTP is doable as long as you pick and choose your targets. I can't see how you could ever get everyone champed and FTP.
    I'm not sure if its possible to retroactively get all the classics but I am completely F2P day 1241.  I hoarded twice and opened on strange/thanos/bp and again on the pp/dd/gambit/thor window.  Admittedly these were probably the best windows but im able to play in a hybrid alliance T10/25 PvE and T25 PvP.  I have been tracking my CP/legends gain since I opened my hoard for Thanos and this play has an average of 2.9 latest legends per day which is enough to keep champing every 5 as they are released.  This admittedly is a big committment, luckily/intelligently i broke my hoards at times where I was able to get the 'meta defining' 5* and CL9 clears at less than 45min and 1200 pvp is one climb and 0-3 hops.  But it is definitely possible to keep up with current releases if you opened a hoard at the right time.
  • 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Even if many didn’t like the time when the 12 latest 4*covers where alone in their vault, I’m so grateful to that! When I made the jump from 3* to 4*, I was able to build and champ some good 4* in shorter time than now. That allowed me to play better for better rewards. 
    That time was golden to me!
  • Coulson_Lives
    Coulson_Lives Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have 20 5s champed and all 4s save for Black Widow and have spent a grand total of $15 on the game.  It is doable, you just need a time machine to go back and start at the beginning.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    I’m not a massive whale and I have all the 4s champed aside from the very newest, nearly there for the 5s as well.

That said, my 2s/3s are a trainwreck.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Exactly! We need more villains. They aren't released fast enough. 
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Rod5 said:
    Shintok17 said:
    I’m not a massive whale and I have all the 4s champed aside from the very newest, nearly there for the 5s as well.

That said, my 2s/3s are a trainwreck.
    I've only ever bought the vip a handful of times and a small amount of hp like 2 times.   I have all the 4's champed except a few new ones and Howard the duck.  No 5's but about 5 that I can champ and I have most of the 3 stars at max level and working on champing dupes as well as 2 star farm. 
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Maybe making some of the new heroes 2 stars and 3 stars (heck even another 1 star to replace Yelena) would slow down the high-end heroes and diversify the lower end of the pool.   I doubt I'll ever see those 5 stars, but boy I sure do see the same 2 stars over and over and over...