Lost previous game history

InfiniteSD
InfiniteSD Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
Hi,  very new to the forums here.  I used to play a number of years ago, and while I can't recall why I quit I decided to install again recently and continue where I left off.

That is also where my issue is.  I reinstalled the game on what would have been a new phone (I haven't played in that long) and I was greeted with a tutorial to help me understand how to play.  This was fine, but it looked as though my previous game history wasn't saved on my account (google play).  I made a purchase for the starter pack and played a bit more till I reached a part that asked for my user name.  When I tried to enter it, it said already existed so my last history must still be there.  I had a lot of high ranked heroes on my account and would like to get them back if possible.  I've also got the issue that I have made purchases on the new account that I don't want to lose.

So after all of that is it possible for me to get my old account back to play yet not lose anything I have bought since on the new one?

Thanks,

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please email customer support at support@d3go.com and they can respond and assist. Please be sure to share your Player Name and provide any screengrabs and/or documentation to expedite the process.

Please note: it may take 24 - 72 business hours to receive a reply as Customer Support responds to tickets in the order they arrive. 
  • InfiniteSD
    Thanks,  I've sent a request.  Since I didn't get a resounding no, there must still be a chance.
  • InfiniteSD
    Ok, not sure if that worked.  Got a generic response back from support telling me how to recover an account by ticking Google play, but my issue is that the account option wasn't given to me after this install and another account was created for my Google play account.

How do I get to a personal response about this before both of my accounts are messed up?
  • HoundofShadow
    It sounds like you are using iPhone now? I don't want to assume so try to answer these questions if possible:

1) Did you play MPQ on Steam, Android or iPhone/iOS for your old account?

2) Are you playing your new account on Android or iPhone?

Android user has two options to save game data: 1) Facebook 
    2) Google Play

iPhone user can only save data using Facebook.

So, if you were using android phone previously and you are using iPhone now, it might explain why the Google play option didn't appear.
  • InfiniteSD
    Hi, and thanks again.  I use to have an iPhone 4 a long long time ago, and to be honest I don't recall if I used it to play, but have been on Android for about 6 years now so I don't think so.

So I will assume I played on Android, but could it be it was so long ago the choice for Google play wasn't there at the time?  I've only ever had one Google play account, and I know the account is mine because I'm the only one who uses Infinitesd as a user name.  Makes it easy when creating a name in every game I play.  I also provided support with my previous email address just in case this was used on the account ( only if it was apple)

Been holding off on playing much till it gets sorted. But also don't want to get my hopes up either.
  • HoundofShadow
    Google Play was released a few months before MPQ.

Are you still using the same Google Account that you used to play your old account? CS probably gave you the most common solution to your problem. 

CS might be able to help you manually restore your account. I think you got to be detailed in your explanation when you request them to help you. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    CS should absolutely be able to help you restore your old account, they have done it for me multiple times without Google accounts.