If resources prices were lower

First21First21 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
If the price for stark salary was $20 instead of $100 would you buy it? I would maybe once or twice a month and would more people buy it?

Comments

  • evade420evade420 Posts: 380
    That would certainly break the game if it cost that little 
  • First21First21 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    evade420 said:
    That would certainly break the game if it cost that little 
    What about if it was a sale for week?
  • evade420evade420 Posts: 380
    First21 said:
    evade420 said:
    That would certainly break the game if it cost that little 
    What about if it was a sale for week?
    Best week ever !
  • Shintok17Shintok17 Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I have bought it before more than once, so the price change would make me buy it more of course. But at the moment in my level of play and the way I get more resources now, HP is not much of an issue like it used to be when I bought Stark Salaries. ISO-8 for them 4*'s is my issue like 99% of the people in this game. I have never bought ISO with real money and never will because that little amount available for the price is horrible.
  • NeonBlueNeonBlue Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited May 16
    Similarly, I wonder, if ISO prices were more reasonable, like "Mother Lode" being 300k ISO instead of 78k, how many more people would buy it on a regular basis. Right now, I can't imagine anyone aside from the mega whales even considering buying ISO. The devs might stand to gain a lot more if the ISO amounts didn't feel like a complete rip off.
  • randomhero1090randomhero1090 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Can't turn the game into a free-for-all.  Loses any and all value.  Just being able to spend your way to a monster roster really means nothing.
  • madoctormadoctor Age Unconfirmed Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    On digital day, it IS basically 20$ for a Stark though
  • Sim MayorSim Mayor Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    madoctor said:
    On digital day, it IS basically 20$ for a Stark though
    Yeah, my wife and I each got a Stark on Digital Day. It was the first time I'd ever bought one, and after 2+ years of play it got me to the point where I can roster new characters as they come out instead of scrambling for HP when they showed up in a pack.

    I guess when I think about it that way, I can see both sides. On the one hand, I only bought because it was significantly discounted; on the other, now that I bought it I don't really need to buy more, so they lost my business for it; on the gripping hand (look it up!), they didn't have that business in the first place, because I wasn't buying virtual currency for that much real money.
  • WarbringaWarbringa Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    edited May 17
    evade420 said:
    That would certainly break the game if it cost that little 

    The game is already broken in several varying degrees.  They should do more tests to find the right price point for their in-game resources.  Right now I am at a point where the only thing I buy is the $2/mo. HP deal for intercepts.  No other deal in the game is worth it since the in-game resources purchasing exchange rate is so terrible for this game. 

    I would like to spend money on something worthwhile in this game but the options beyond the monthly intercept purchase are just terrible.  In the meantime my interest in the game wanes since the same events keep repeating over and over and over. They fail to realize that 5* characters really aren't that special anymore since there are now what 2 dozen plus and their overvaluation of 4* covers is simply a joke.  The game lacks purchasing balance which is bad for business.  There is no option to spend moderately in this game and come out ahead.  Either you need to whale to make an impact or you simply play F2P (or nearly F2P).  

    I have spent a couple of hundred dollars in the game over the nearly 4 years I have played.  Most of that money is when you could buy HP and it really meant something (remember buying 4* covers with HP when 4* weren't so numerous?).  I originally subscribed to VIP for many months and then realized it didn't really help me out at all for the cost of $10/mo. 
    Current Alliance: Pod Six (Daily Casual)

    My roster: http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Warbringa/

          image             image               image               image            
              0                       8                     36450                197908
  • halirinhalirin Age Unconfirmed Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Sim Mayor said:
    madoctor said:
    On digital day, it IS basically 20$ for a Stark though
    Yeah, my wife and I each got a Stark on Digital Day. It was the first time I'd ever bought one, and after 2+ years of play it got me to the point where I can roster new characters as they come out instead of scrambling for HP when they showed up in a pack.

    I guess when I think about it that way, I can see both sides. On the one hand, I only bought because it was significantly discounted; on the other, now that I bought it I don't really need to buy more, so they lost my business for it; on the gripping hand (look it up!), they didn't have that business in the first place, because I wasn't buying virtual currency for that much real money.
    The first book was better. 
  • Player1575Player1575 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    NeonBlue said:
    Similarly, I wonder, if ISO prices were more reasonable, like "Mother Lode" being 300k ISO instead of 78k, how many more people would buy it on a regular basis. Right now, I can't imagine anyone aside from the mega whales even considering buying ISO. The devs might stand to gain a lot more if the ISO amounts didn't feel like a complete rip off.
    Even whales don't buy iso. They buy HP and use that on vaults cause they get a better return on their money that way. 
  • venyveny Age Unconfirmed Posts: 790 Critical Contributor
    Dont know what average income of playerbase is... mine is 700$ per month.
    Anyway, 100$ is now equivalent of 20 000 HPs. What can we get for it:
    - 20 character slots
    - 100-200 discounted tokens for 100 or 200 HPs
    - 50 regular tokens for 400 HPs
    Aaand, thats all.

    Sounds like nothing, but from that 200 tokens, you may get many 3*s, some 4*s and tons of 2*s. Since we have promoting, it means you will get some ISO, some HPs and some CPs.

    I am not sure, but 20$ for this would turn the game into pay to win (now it is whale to win :D ).

    On the other side, these offers are outdated as hell. ISO prices are relevant to... maybe 2016 when having maxed 3* was epic sucess. ISO-8 price is ridiculous. HPs are better, but still, people may feel odd about the prices.
    Not paying player can easily earn 30 000 ISO + 200HPs every day. Best offer is 2$ HPs that unlock bonus rewards for 30 days - cheap, great rewards, and game did not die since releasing this feature :D

    Btw. i think we had some discounts during last Christmas, and DLCs were pretty cheap - the one with 30 000 HPs may have been around 25$.

    Enough talking...my opinion:
    ISO8 costs are insane. Would not buy at current state even for 20% of current cost.
    HPs cost is...acceptable. I would not decrease by more than 50% - it would be too big difference for small amount of money, so there would be huge difference between players who pay something and those, who doesnt pay at all.
    People may feel pressured into buying and many would see this game as purely pay to win.

  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 883 Critical Contributor
    I've seen it stated on the boards the theory that the devs don't really want players buying iso either, hence the bad value. Iso is a main source of slowing this game down for a large part of the player base, making iso cheap enough for even average players to buy in bulk would possibly not be in the devs best interests. I can sort of see the logic, after all this time if lack of iso sales was a threat to this game it would have been dealt with ages ago.
  • AkariAkari Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    Last digital day when purchases were 50% off through amazon, the number of stark purchases went through the roof. I wouldn't mind them having the 30% bonus sale a little more often, but I think the cost is about fine where it is for HP.
Sign In or Register to comment.